July 29, 2016
DepEd Memorandum No. 117, s. 2016
14th Search for the Ten Accomplished Youth Organizations
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
1. The National Youth Commission (NYC), in partnership with the TAYO Awards Foundation Inc., will conduct the 14th Search for the Ten Accomplished Youth Organizations (TAYO 14).
2. The Search aims to award, recognize and reward oustanding youth organizations all over the country with programs and projects which have been helping their communities for national development.
3. All groups, barkadas, organizations, clubs and societies with at least five members who are 30 years old and below, are qualified to join the Search. Organizations are judged based on a recent project or program that had an impact in the community and which best reflects the efforts of the youth sector towards nation building.
4. In view of this, the student organizations or clubs from senior and regular high schools are encouraged to join the Search.
5. The ten winning youth organizations will receive a custom-made trophy to be awarded during the ceremonies to be held at the Malacanang Palace, San Miguel, Manila. Each of these organizations will also receive a cash prize worth P 50,000.00 for the implementation of their programs.
6. For more information, all concerned may contact:
Search for Ten Accomplished Youth Organizations (TAYO)
The National Youth Commission
Office of the President of the Philippines
3rd Floor West Insula Building
No. 135 West Avenue corner EDSA, Quezon City
Telephone Nos.: (02) 416-2833; (02) 211-6392
Mobile Phone No.: 0917-898-8296
Email Addresses: [email protected]; [email protected]
Website Addresses: www.nyc.gov.ph; www.tayoawards.net
7. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES