The Early Childhood Care and Development (ECCD) Council, in partnership with the United Nations International Children’s Education Fund (UNICEF), Save the Children International, Plan International, Child Fund International, National Association for Special Education and Foundation for the Advanced Professional Development, announces the conduct of the 2016 Early Childhood Educators Congress with the theme Quality Beyond Boundaries from February 16 to 18, 2016 at the Baguio Teachers Camp, Baguio City.
The Congress aims to:
- widen the reach in disseminating the information on Early Years Act to all ECCD service providers;
- introduce to the participants the Philippine model on Early Childhood Education (ECE);
- discuss to them new, global and local trends in ECE, including current issues;
- orient ECCD service providers on the Standards and Guidelines for Granting Permit to Operate among the Center-based ECE Programs; and
- organize the Philippine Association of ECCD service providers.
The target participants are regional/schools division education supervisors incharge of Kindergarten and special education (SPED), school principals/heads, other regional/schools division coordinators, and Kindergarten teachers and SPED teachers from both public and private schools.
Participation of both public and private schools shall be subject to the no-disruption-of-classes policy stipulated in DepEd Order No. 9, s. 2005 entitled Instituting Measures to Increase Engaged Time-on-Task and Ensuring Compliance Therewith.
More information may be inquired from:
Dr. Teresita G. Inciong
Vice-Chairperson and Executive Director Early Childhood Care and Development (ECCD)
Council 4th Floor Belvedere Tower,
No. 15 San Miguel Avenue Ortigas Center, Pasig City
Telephone Nos.: (02) 571-6833; (02) 571-4615 (02) 571-6590; (02) 571-8041
Email Address: [email protected]