Professional learning online community of teachers and for teachers.

Reply To: Peace Process in Mindanao

My sincerest condolences to the families, friends, comrades of the fallen and to each Filipino mourning the loss of the brave who answered the call of duty without fear, and hesitation.

Seeing those 42 caskets in VAB today made me weep, ask questions with no answers, think, cry some more, and pray. I cannot understand why we, as a nation, have to go through this horrible loss, indescribable pain, and a grief so raw. I find myself asking why. Why a God who says He is “Emmanuel- God With Us” will allow our men, our brothers, to fall into the hands of those ruthless, coldblooded thugs. I think about the families and how their lives will never be the same again. I wonder how they will make it after they bury their dead and relatives and friends are no longer around. I cry for the lives cut short, the shattered dreams, the broken hearts too impossible to mend. Lastly, I pray for justice, healing, grace to move on and the courage to rest in the knowledge that beyond our understanding in this side of heaven, nothing is out of God’s absolute control.

May the God of all comfort be with us in this very painful time of our country’s history.