All-out war vs MILF solution to Mindanao conflict

• Posted In: General Discussion

• Participant

It seems that the peace negotiations has become a “deadly charade”. First Imelda went to Tripoli to get the help of a tyrant,We got the Tripoli Agreement but Nothing happened. Then Cory pursued Nur for it. It culminated with Pres. Ramos brokering peace with the MNLF. Several of his commanders did not agree and established MILF. While we gave billions for Nur to splurge, the MILF was waging their little wars on the side. then came GMA who almost gave them what they wanted…. covertly, that is. Here comes PNoy trying to formalize it. Again there were disagreements among the ranks and BIFF came to being. Meanwhile MNLF reneged and burned a City. NOW THE SHIT HAS HIT THE FAN ONCE AGAIN. The dove is really illusive …..or is it the Novel Peace Prize to them ??

• Participant

peace process in mindanao

We have to sacrifice lives of obedient armed troops in order not to go back to war??? And why do we have to allow illegal armed groups to have territorial enclaves in the Philippines??? This will only encourage armed groups to create more enclaves for themselves in the Philippines and threaten national integrity..

• Participant

Before you protest against the BBL, make sure to read it first in its entirety before you post anything against it. Don’t take the word of politicians, the media, or heck, other people, about it.

That’s our problem in this day and age, I think. We’re so quick to react without fully understanding everything first. We judge at face-value, or sometimes even based on rumors.

I’m not saying one should be for or against the BBL, but at the very least know why you feel that way and identify ACTUAL salient points in your argument, not just because you’ve heard it being said by someone else. I will respect you more for it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.