Enclosed is a copy of the Regional Memorandum No. 0259, s. 2020 dated May 22, 2020 from Salustiano T. Jimenez JD, EdD, CESO V, Director III, OIC-Regional Director, informing the protocols in the opening of classes for Private Schools in Region VII.
Furthermore, all private schools under the area of jurisdiction of Region VII shall be guided by the said protocols and are encouraged to be updated with the current policies concerning school issues through teleconferencing. Details will be posted at the Deped website.
Attached is the Regional Memorandum for your reference.
Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
PROTOCOLS IN THE OPENING OF CLASSES FOR PRIVATE SCHOOLS IN REGION VII
The Department of Education (DepEd) has announced the start of classes on August 24, 2020 for School Year 2020-2021 through DepEd Order No. 007, s. 2020 “School Calendar and Activities for School Year 2020-2021.
Consistent with the national directive and to ensure the effective implementation of the K to- 12 Basic Education Curriculum, private schools under the area of jurisdiction of Region VII shall be guided by the following protocols :
- Private schools may start classes earlier than the mandated opening of public schools provided within the period authorized by RA 7797, which is on the first Monday of June but not later than the last day of August;
- No “face-to-face” will be allowed earlier than August 24, 2020;
- Submit the list of requirements for schools adopting the Online Distance Learning, enclosed as Annex “A”;
- Submit to the Regional Office prior to the opening of classes the Learning Continuity Plan (LCP) showing the alternative delivery modes of learning, please refer to the attached template for uniformity, enclosed as Annex “B”;
- Undertaking that all requirements are complied with and they are responsible for whatever eventualities happened during implementation of the modality, enclosed template as Annex “C”;
- School’s plan must be in compliance with the minimum health standards issued by the DepEd and consistent with guidelines of the Office of the President (OP), Inter Agency Task Force (IATF) and Department of Health (DOH);
- Submit the School Calendar of the School for SY 2020-2021;
- Most Essential Learning Competencies (MELCs) for all subjects may be made as a reference in the preparation of the school’s Curriculum Implementation and Learning Management Plan. It can be downloaded and requested through the DepEd Region 7 website on HELPDESK.
All private schools are encouraged to be updated with the current policies concerning school issues through teleconferencing, details will be posted at the DepED Region VII website (region7.deped.gov.ph).
REQUIREMENTS FOR SCHOOLS ADOPTING ONLINE DISTANCE LEARNING
|Stakeholder||Area Of Readiness||Particulars|
|1||School||Governance||The school orients the teachers, parents and learners about the online policies and directions to ensure that everyone knows what to expect. (2)|
|2||School||Platform and Support||The school has a Learning Management System (LMS) either subscription-based or internally developed. (1)|
|3||School||Platform and Support||The school has technical expertise to run and support the platform. Their objective is ensure that the platform is operational 24×7. Technical expertise can be in-house OR outsourced OR combinations depending on the nature of the deployment. The more IN-HOUSE they host the platform, the higher the degree of the technical support personnel they wiU require. (1)|
|4||School||Platform and Support||The school should have email facilities for all teachers and users. Note: The school can outsource. (1)|
|5||School||Platform and Support||The school should have helpdesk personnel working under the platform champions whose main task will be to directly answer usage queries of both teachers and students. (1)|
|6||School||Continuance||The school has a technology knowledge enhancement program wherein regular trainings or seminars are given to teachers, students and parents to make them embrace the technology. (2)|
|7||School||Content||The school should ensure that complete and appropriate content for Quarter 1 is available in the platform. (1)|
|8||School||Assessment||Together with the content, the school should ensure that proper assessment (quiz, exams etc.) are available in the platform. The same assessment should be regularly reviewed and updated. (1)|
|9||School||Teacher||The school has institutionalized the training and updating of teachers to be more technologically adept. (1)|
|10||School||Teacher||Teachers have access to device and connectivity at the school. (1)|
|11||School||Teacher||Teachers are well oriented on the DepED policies relating to online education and are able to freely access the same. (1)|
|12||Learners||Parents||Parents have expressed willingness to submit their children to online distance learning. (1)|
|13||Learners||Parents||Parents are willing to co-supervise, co-monitor the progress of their children’s online learning. (2)|
|14||Learners||Learners||Learners have access to the necessary resources in order to access the lessons (device, connectivity).|
DOWNLOAD DEPED REGIONAL MEMORANDUM ON PROTOCOLS IN THE OPENING OF CLASSES FOR PRIVATE SCHOOLS