The Sri Aman Secondary Girls’ School in Malaysia will conduct the Sri Aman Environmental Youth Leadership Summit (SAELYS) 2016 with the theme Youths – The Roots of Change on April 2126, 2016 at the SMK (P) Sri Aman, Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.
The Summit aims to:
- serve as a platform for the participants to share their ideas on environmental sustainability measures with students from all over the world; and
- bring together youths of different cultures, backgrounds and traditions from all around the globe to create a mutual cultural and environmental understanding among them, as well as build a strong network in the areas of leadership, communication and environment to international standard schools and environmental organizations globally.
The target participants to this activity are as teacher-chaperones and four student-delegates who possess the following qualifications:
- He/She must be between 15-18 years old;
- He/She must be able to converse fluently in English;
- He/She must be physically fit and capable of participating in physical activities (hiking, running, swimming, among other activities);
- He/She must be open-minded and sociable; and
- He/She must be eager to share and learn regarding other cultures and issues.
Each school is required to prepare a powerpoint presentation that showcases the green initiatives taken at the school. There will also be an Eco Movie Competition, in which participants will have to prepare a 3-5 minute short movie based on a given theme. An English Language Competition will also be held during the event.
All completed forms are to be emailed back to the organizing committee at [email protected] on or before March 25, 2016.
More information may be inquired from any of the following:
Datin Noorul-Aini Binti Ambak PJK
Principal, Sri Aman Girl’s Secondary School
SMK (P) Sri Aman, Jalan 14/49
46100 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Kod Sek: BEB 8655
Telephone No.: 03-78765041
Fax No.: 03- 78775658
Email Address: [email protected]
Pn Aslina Teacher Advisor
Email Address: [email protected]) (H/P: 012-7358544)