May 30, 2016
DepEd Order No. 33, s. 2016
Guidelines on the Utilization of the 2016 Every Child a Reader Program Funds for the Early Language, Literacy and Numeracy Program: Professional Development Component
Bureau and Service Directors
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary School Heads
1. In line with Item five of the President’s Ten Point Basic Education Agenda which states that every child should be a reader by Grade 1, the Department of Education (DepEd) remains steadfast in strengthening its reading program through the implementation of the Early Language, Literacy, and Numeracy Program.
2. The purpose of the Program is to develop in Filipino children literacy and numeracy skills and attitudes that will contribute to lifelong learning. With this, it is the goal of the Department to improve the literacy and numeracy skills of Kindergarten to Grade 3 learners following the K to 12 Basic Education Curriculum by establishing a sustainable and cost-effective professional development system for teachers.
3. In this connection, the Guidelines on the Utilization of the 2016 Every Child a Reader Program (ECARP) Funds for the Early Language, Literacy, and Numeracy Program: Professional Development Component are enclosed. These guidelines shall cover the expansion of the professional development component of the program described in DepEd Order No. 12, s. 2015 entitled Guidelines on the Early Language, Literacy, and Numeracy: Professional Development Component.
4. For more information and inquiries, all concerned may contact the Director IV, Bureau of Learning Delivery (BLD), Department of Education (DepEd) Central Office, Fourth Floor, Bonifacio Building, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City through telephone nos. (02) 687-2948; (02) 637-4347, or email addresses: [email protected] and [email protected]
5. Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd)BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC