June 30, 2016
DepEd Order No. 53, s. 2016
Lifting of the Moratorium on the Supplementary Reading, Reference, and other Instructional Materials and the Approved List of Supplementary Reading Materials
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
1. The Department of Education (DepEd) hereby announces that the Moratorium on the Procurement of Supplementary Reading, Reference and Other Instructional Materials pursuant to DepEd Order No. 44 s. 2013 entitled Moratorium on the Procurement of Supplementary Reading Reference and Other Instructional Materials (IMs), is lifted effective immediately.
2. For the guidance of the concerned, the DepEd, provides the enclosed a list of approved supplementary reading, reference, and other instructional materials for procurement attached as Annexes A and B. The procurement of the materials in Annex A is until December 31, 2016 only, by which time the Department will have new guidelines and new list of SRMs.
3. The procurement of the SRMs in Annexes A and B shall be guided by the following procedures:
a. The procurement of SRMs shall be based on well-defined needs and priorities of the target users clearly articulated in a written report to be submitted by the procuring entities to the Office of the Secretary (OSEC), copy furnished the Bureau of Learning Resources (BLR) before the start of procurement. The Basis for the Purchase Report shall include the following:
a.1. School inventory of SRMs
a.2. List and usage of new SRMs needed by the school
a.3. How the SRMs that will be procured will support the curriculum implementation
b. The (SDS) shall consolidate the request of all schools in the division and submit to OSEC.
c. The procuring entity shall wait for the letter from the OSEC approving the procurement of SRMs
4. Call for submission of new SRMs will be announced through the DepEd website: www.deped.gov.ph
5. For more information and/or clarifications, all concerned may send an e-mail to: email@example.com
6. Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd)BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
- DO 52, s. 2016 – Data Collection of Basic Education Statistics in the Learner Information System and Enhanced Basic Education Information System for Beginning of School Year 2016-2017
- DO 54, s. 2016 – Guidelines on the Request and Transfer of Learner’s School Records
- DO 55, s. 2016 – Policy Guidelines on the National Assessment of Student Learning for the K to 12 Basic Education Program