A Convergence Program for OFW LET Passers – Sa Pinas, Ikaw ang Ma’am/Sir
Planning to come home? Apply, teach, inspire and make a difference
A Convergence Program for OFW LET Passers – Sa Pinas, Ikaw ang Ma’am/Sir
Assist WELL stands for Welfare, Employment, Livelihood and Legal Assistance.
Originally conceptualized for repatriated OFWs from crisis/emergency situations pursuant to relevant alert level systems, the program was expanded to gain back the Filipino workers overseas and reverse out migration by enhancing their skills and providing them with the option to stay in the Philippines to work for better-paying jobs or to set up a lucrative business at home. Such is the case of household service workers (HSWs) in Hong Kong who passed the Licensure Examination for Teachers (LET) under Assist WELL “Sa Pinas, Ikaw and Ma’am/Sir” project. The project is open to domestic workers and other OFWs in many parts of the globe i.e., Qatar, Riyadh, Al Khobar, Abu Dhabi, Israel, Thailand.
In general, the Assist WELL program aims to ensure the successful reintegration of OFWs into their family, community, and local economic mainstream.
Specific to “Sa Pinas, Ikaw and Ma’am/Sir” project, it aims to re-train HSWs on the skills set needed for the Teacher 1 Position in DepEd, get hired in their hometown and get out of plain domestic work.
Apart from teaching positions in DepED, these returning OFWs may opt to work in non-teaching and other occupations in both government and private sectors that are available in the Philippine labor market.
WHAT IS SPIMS (Sa Pinas, Ikaw ang Ma’am/Sir) PROJECT FOR OFW LET PASSERS?
It is an OFW reintegration convergence project of DOLE, DepEd, and other government agencies such as PRC, CHED, TESDA, PNU among others, which provides opportunities for OFW LET passers to return, find employment and practice their profession as teachers.
The program aims to gain back the Filipino workers overseas, particularly the OFW LET Passers and reverse out migration by enhancing their skills and providing them with the option to stay in the Philippines to work as teachers.
WHAT ARE THE OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT?
- Offer options for local employment as Teacher I.
- Re-train OFWs thru the conduct of Online Refresher Course on the skills needed for the Teacher I positions.
WHO ARE QUALIFIED TO APPLY?
- OFW LET Passers
– with teaching experience within the last five (5) years
– with teaching experience beyond five (5) years*
– Without teaching experience*
*(need to undergo refresher course)
- OFW who have arrived home for not more than three (3) years baed on the current year.
HOW AND WHERE CAN WE APPLY?
- Accomplish the Application Form online at http://bit.ly/ofwletpassersteacherph
- Visit the nearest DOLE Regional Office, if applicant is already in the Philippines, or the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO), if still abroad.
- Contact the National Reintegration Center for OFWs (NRCO), ground floor, Blas F. Ople Development Center, cor. Solana and Victoria St. Intramuros, Manila at [email protected] or [email protected] with tel. nos. (02) 527-6184, 526-2663, and 526-2453.
- You may also visit and add NCRO Facebook Account Account.
WHAT IS THE ONLINE REFRESHER COURSE?
- It aims to update and ehance the pedagogic skills and knowledge of inactive teachers and those licensed professional teachers employed in non-teaching positions abroad. It is a flexible and self-paced program designed for maximum re-learning of various foundational competencies in particular specializations. It helps education degree graduate to be updated with the demands of the present day educational practice.
- It is intended for OFW LET Passers with:
1. Teaching experience beyond five (5) years; and
2. No teaching experience
- The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) thru the National Reintegration Center for OFWs (NRCO) has tapped the expertise of the Philippine Normal University (PNU) to provide the online refresher course to qualified OFWs who are interested to return home for good to become public school teachers / Teacher I.
- DOLE-NCRO will endorse to PNU the list of identified OFW LET Passers for the conduct of refresher course.
- PNU will contact the OFWs thru email. OFWs shall be given an Enrolment Key to access the online platform.
- For 2015, the Online Refresher Course is offered free-of-charge. However, a minimum amount of Php 1,500.00 should be paid to PNU by the enrollee as Certification/Assessment Fee.
PROGRAM FLOW CHART FOR OFW LET PASSERS
- OFW Online Application at http://bit.ly/ofwletpassersteacherph or GO TO POLOs/ROs
- NRCO Evaluation
- NRCO Recommendation to the Secretary of Labor
- Secretary of Labor Endorsement to DepEd
- DepEd Screening
- DepEd Informs Concerned School Superintendents About Qualified Applicants
- Qualified Applicants Submit Documentary Requirements
- DepEd Preparation of Plantilla Position
- Appointment as Teacher I
NOTE: Final Evaluation of Applicants will be done by DepEd based on its current Hiring Guidelines.
Read: DepEd Hiring Guidelines
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT SPIMS (Sa Pinas, Ikaw ang Ma’am/Sir) PROJECT FOR OFW LET PASSERS?, PLEASE CONTACT:
- NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION (NCR)
DOLE-NCR Building, 967 Maligaya St., Malate, Manila
Tel No: 310-4011, 400-6011, 310-7575, 303-5921
NRCO Coordinatpr: MR. MARCO ANTHOLIN T. SANTOS
- CORDILLERA ADMINISTRATIVE REGION (CAR)
Cabinet Hill, Baguio City
Tel No: (074) 442-2447; 424-0824 | Fax No: (074) 443-5339
NRCO Coordinator: MS. ESMERALDA A. POCDIHON
- RO 1- I LOCOS
ARNEL Bldg., Mabini St., Catbangen,
San Fernando City, La Union
Tel No: (072) 700-2520, 700-3879, 700-4371
NRCO Coordinator: MS. ETHEL B. SALIENDRA
- RO 2- CAGAYAN VALLEY
Turingan Building, Campos St. Caritan Centro,
Tuguegarao City, Cagayan
Tel Nos.: (078) 844-0133, 844-1364, 844-1383, 844-5516 Fax: (078) 844-1553
NRCO Coordinator: MS. SHEILANEE A. MAMURIC
- RO 3- CENTRAL LUZON
Diosdado Macapagal Regional Government Center Barangay Maimpis, San Fernando, Pampanga
Tel No: (045) 455-1613 | Fax: (045) 455-1613
NRCO Coordinator: MS. FREYA E. PALAD
- RO 4-A- CALABARZON
3rd and 4th Floors, Anderson Building II Brgy. Parian, Calamba, Laguna
Tel No: (049) 545-7357, 545-7360 | Fax: (049) 545-7360
NRCO Coordinator: MS. MELANIE JEAN S. MONTAS
- RO 4-B- MIMAROPA
3rd Floor CONFIL Bldg., Roxas Drive cor. Sampaguita St., Lumangbayan Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro
Tel Nos.: (043) 288-2080/ 288-2078
NRCO Coordinator: MS. ANDREA JOY A. LEUTERIO
- RO 5- BICOL
Dona Aurora St., Old Albay, Legaspi City 4500
Tel No. (052) 820-4806, 480-0984 | Fax: (052) 480-0984
NRCO Coordinator: MS. KRISTINA B. OLIVEROS
- RO 6- WESTERN VISAYAS
Swan-Rose Building, Commission Civil St.
Jaro, Iloilo City 5000
Tel. No.: (033) 320-8026, 330-0910 | Fax: (033) 509-0400
NRCO Coordinator: MR. BERNARD I. SIBAY
- RO 7- CENTRAL VISAYAS
3rd and 4th Fir. DOLE-R07 Building Gen.
Maxilom Ave. corner Gorordo Ave. Cebu City
Tel. No.: (032) 266-9722, 266-2792 | Fax: (032) 416-6167
NRCO Coordinator: MR. DEXTER PARO
- RO 8- EASTERN VISAYAS
Trece Martirez St., Tacloban City
Tel. No.: (053) 325-6293 | Fax: (053) 325-5236
Designate NRCO Coordinator: MS. NIACHUA
- RO 9- ZAMBOANGA PENINSULA
Right Wing, 3rd Floor QNS Building,
Veterans Avenue, Tumaga, Zamboanga City
Tel. No.: (062) 991-2673, 995-01511 Fax:(062) 955-0214
NRCO Coordinator: MR. SHERWIN R. MENDIZABEL
- RO 10- NORTHERN MINDANAO
Monte Carlo Building, RER Phase 1 Kauswagan National Highway, Cagayan de Oro City
Tel. No: (088) 857-2218 | Fax: (088) 857-1930
NRCO Coordinator: MS. MARY GIL A. DAMASING
- RO 11- DAVAO
4th Floor, Davao Ching Printers Building Dacudao Ave. cor. Lakandula St., Agdao, Davao City
Tel. No.: (082) 221-5702, 226-2481 | Fax: (082) 226-2671
NRCO Coordinator: MS. REA B. SA-AN
- RO 12- CENTRAL MINDANAO
102 Acepal Building, Mabini Extension, Koronadal City
Tel. No.: (083) 228-4920 | Fax: (083) 228-2190, 520-0125
NRCO Coordinator: MS. JEANETTE F. ENOLPE
- CARAGA ADMINISTRATIVE REGION
NIMFA TUI Building., J.P. Rosales Avenue, Butuan City
Tel. No.: (085) 225-3229,815-0468 | Fax: (085) 225-3229
NRCO Coordinator: MS. NANCY P. JACINTO