October 12, 2017
DepEd MEMORANDUM No. 152, s. 2017
2017 NATIONAL ATTENTION DEFICIT/HYPERACTIVE DISORDER AWARENESS WEEK
Bureau and Service Directors
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads All Others Concerned
1. Pursuant to Presidential Proclamation No. 472 dated September 18, 2003, which declares the third week of October of every year as National Attention Deficit/ Hyperactive Disorder (AD/HD) Awareness Week in the country, the Department of Education (DepEd) joins the AD/HD Society of the Philippines in celebrating the 2017 National Attention Deficit/Hyperactive Disorder (AD/HD) Awareness Week with the theme Embracing AD/HD from October 16 to 22, 2017.
2. The week-long Celebration aims to:
a. increase public awareness on the effects of the characteristics and social issues faced by people with AD/HD;
b. promote understanding and acceptance of people with AD/HD; and
c. campaign for equal rights and access to basic services such as education, health and development which are often denied to persons with disability.
3. To support this occasion, all schools are encouraged to participate in this Celebration, together with the Special Education (SPEd) Centers and schools offering program for children with AD/HD in the forefront. Schools may conduct some of the activities listed below, provided that the engaged Time-on-Task Policy as stipulated in DepEd Order No. 9, s. 2005 shall be observed.
a. Hanging of streamers;
b. Launching of the week-long activity campaign through the following:
i. Arts Workshop for Children and Youth with AD/HD;
ii. Community and Parents’ Forum on Understanding and Possible Employment of People with AD/HD;
iii. Seminar on Drug Abuse Prevention; and
iv. Exhibit on educational services offered to children with AD/HD.
4. Relative to the observance of the Celebration, all schools, division offices must submit their accomplishment reports to the Regional Office-Curriculum and Learning Management Division (RO-CLMD). The supervisor-in-charge of SPEd at the RO will consolidate the reports and submit to the Bureau of Learning Delivery-Student Inclusion Division (BLD-SID), 4th Floor, Bonifacio Building, Department of Education (DepEd) Central Office, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City not later than November 24, 2017.
5. For more information, contact either the Bureau of Learning Delivery-Student Inclusion Division (BLD-SID), 4th Floor, Bonifacio Building, Department of Education (DepEd) Central Office, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telephone no. (02) 631-9993 or through e-mail address email@example.com, or Ms. Jo Esteban, AD/HD Society of the Philippines at telephone no. (02) 475-8797 or mobile phone no. 0905-390-6451.
6. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES