2018 Brigada Eskwela Jingle Making Contest
March 27, 2018
DepEd Memorandum No. 059, s. 2018
GUIDELINES AND CRITERIA FOR THE 2018 BRIGADA ESKWELA JINGLE MAKING CONTEST
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary and Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
1. The Department of Education (DepEd), through the External Partnerships Service (EPS), will conduct the 2018 Brigada Eskwela Jingle Making Contest with the theme Pagkakaisa para sa Handa, Ligtas at Matatag na Paaralan Tungo sa Magandang Kinabukasan from March 15 to April 18, 2018.
2. The contest aims to encourage schools to showcase the talents of their learners in coming up with a campaign jingle to be used in the 2018 Brigada Eskwela marketing and advocacy activities in order to attract more volunteers and partners for the schools’ maintenance efforts before the opening of the school year.
3. The contest is open to all learners either individual or group coming from public elementary and secondary schools.
4. The Mechanics for the Brigada Eskwela Jingle Contest is contained in the enclosure.
5. Participation to this activity is subject to the no-disruption-of-classes policy provided under DepEd Order No. 9, s. 2005 entitled Instituting Measures to Increase Engaged Time-on-Task and Ensuring Compliance Therewith.
6. Expenses relative to the conduct of the contest at the schools division and regional levels shall be charged to Adopt-a-School Program (ASP) Support Funds, while expenses at the national level shall be charged to EPS Funds, subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
7. For more information, all concerned may contact Mr. Rolly V. Soriano, Project Development Officer III, External Partnerships Service (EPS), Department of Education (DepEd) Central Office, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telephone nos.: (02) 638-8637 or (02) 638-8639 or email [email protected]
8. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
MECHANICS FOR THE 2018 BRIGADA ESKWELA JINGLE MAKING CONTEST
Theme: “Pagkakaisa para sa Handa, Ligtas at Matatag na Paaralan tungo sa Magandang Kinabukasan”
- The jingle must be in Filipino language.
- It must be relevant to the theme.
- The time duration for the jingle must not be more than (3) minutes.
- It must be an original composition made by the learners and may be through the guidance of a music teacher/coach.
- Any musical instrument can be used as accompaniment.
- The contest is open to all learners of public elementary and secondary schools.
- Composer can be either an individual or a group of learners.
- For the Regional Level, 1 entry per division may qualify.
- Only 1 entry per region will qualify for the National Level competition.
3. ENTRY FORMAT AND REQUIREMENTS
- Jingle entries shall be submitted in an MP3 format with the title of the Jingle entry as the file name.
- Entries must be sent in a USB flask disk or DVD / Optical Disc with the following requirements:
- Accomplished Entry Form
- Narrative report on the concept of the jingle
- Profile of composers and the music teacher/coach (which can be found in the Entry Form)
4. ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNERS
The decision of the judges will be final and irrevocable.
Winners will be announced through a DepEd Issuance after April 20, 2018.
The Regional Office of the winning entry shall be notified via email through the Regional ASP Coordinator.
Prizes for the top 10 at the Division Level shall be at the discretion of the SDO.
- First Place: P7.000.00 for the learners and Plaque of Recognition for the School.
- Second Place: P5,000.00 for the learners and Plaque of Recognition for the School.
- Third Place: P3.000.00 for the learners and Plaque of Recognition for the School.
- Consolation Prize for regional top 10 participating entries: P1,000.00 for the learners.
- First Place: P30,000.00 for the learners and Plaque of Recognition for the School.
- Second Place: P20,000.00 for the learners and Plaque of Recognition for the School.
- Third Place: P10,000.00 for the learners and Plaque of Recognition for the School.
- Consolation Prize: P3.000.00 for the learners.
6. TIMELINE FOR THE SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES
Division Level: March 20-27, 2018
Regional Level: April 4-11, 2018
National Level: April 13-18, 2018
Announcement of BE Jingle Winner: April 20, 2018
|-Relevance to the BE Program and the Theme||20%|
The winning piece will be used as the official Brigada Eskwela Jingle for 2018. DepEd shall have the right of ownership of the jingle and may be used for the production of an improved version for official use and distribution.