August 5, 2016
DepEd Memorandum No. 120, s. 2016
Designation of Regional Focal Person for DOLE-DEPED-TESDA-CHED Interagency Committee
Schools Division Superintendents
All Others Concerned
1. Pursuant to the DOLE-DepEd-TESDA-CHED Joint Guidelines on the Implementation of the Labor and Management Component of Republic Act (RA) No. 10533 entitled Enhanced Basic Education Act of 2013, the Department of Education (DepEd), together with the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA), and the Commission on Higher Education (CHED), shall conduct activities to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of interagency mitigation measures to the personnel who were affected or displaced from employment from higher education institutions (HEIs) as a result of the adoption and implementation of RA 10533.
2. Initial activities were enumerated in the DOLE-DepEd-TESDA-CHED Joint Advisory on the Implementation of the Third Quarter Interagency Activities.
3. In view of this concern, each DepEd Regional Office is requested to designate an interagency focal person to facilitate the implementation of the activities. The tasks of the interagency focal person include the following:
a. Provide the interagency information on job vacancies in DepEd public schools in the respective region pursuant to Section IV of DepEd Order No. 3, s. 2016 (Hiring Guidelines for Senior High School (SHS) Teaching Positions Effective School Year 2016-2017);
b. Provide initial response to affected HEI personnel on the interagency mitigation measures;
c. Coordinate with the members of the national and regional interagency committee;
d. Consolidate regional data on displaced HEI personnel who have been hired by DepEd;
e. Provide the interagency with updates and other information data relevant to DepEd’s “Green Lane” or prioritization for displaced HEI personnel, and K to 12 interagency mitigation efforts;
f. Provide other regional information relevant to the needs of the interagency committee; and
g. Plan and attend assigned interagency activities.
4. Inquiries may be directed to Ms. Annafriami Martin from the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Curriculum and Instruction at telephone nos.: (02) 636-6547 or (02) 631-8495.
5. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
Read: DM 119, s. 2016 – Dissemination of Executive Order No. 2 (Operationalizing in the Executive Branch the People’s Constitutional Right to Information and the State Policies of Full Public Disclosure and Transparency in the Public Service and Providing Guide