May 4, 2016
DepEd Memorandum No. 72, s. 2016
DISSEMINATION OF COMELEC MINUTE RESOLUTION NO. 16-0231
(In the Matter of the Joint Memorandum of Commissioners Christian Robert Lim and Luie Tito F. Guia Re: Minute Resolution Nos. 16-0164 and 16-0176) (COMELEC Employee T-shirts and BEI Uniforms)
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
1. For the information and guidance of all concerned, enclosed is a copy of the Commission on Elections (COMELEC) Minute Resolution No. 16-0231 dated April 5, 2016 entitled In the Matter of the Joint Memorandum of Commissioners Christian Robert Lim and Luie Tito F. Guia Re: Minute Resolution Nos. 16-0164 and 16-0176 (COMELEC Employee T-shirts and BEI Uniforms) which is self explanatory.
2. The aforementioned Minute Resolution resolved among others:
“2. To require the BEIs to wear instead their DepEd uniform during the May 9, 2016 National and Local Elections, together with their Election Day ID to be issued by the COMELEC;”
3. In view of the foregoing, all concerned are directed to disseminate this Minute Resolution to all board of election inspectors (BEIs), supervisors and support staff for their guidance and strict compliance.
4. All public school teachers who will serve during the 2016 National and Local Elections are also directed to coordinate with their respective city/municipal election officers for the issuance of their Election Day IDs.
5. All DepEd officials and personnel, being in the civil service, are reminded not to intervene directly or indirectly, in any election campaign or engage in any partisan political activity, except to vote.
6. Any other DepEd Memoranda, Orders, Circulars, and other issuances inconsistent with this Memorandum are deemed amended or repealed accordingly.
7. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired
BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
[scribd id=311467217 key=key-0NvPJ6Fx5qtBlo32qUhs mode=scroll]