Enclosed is a copy of the memorandum from Jesus L.R. Mateo, Assistant Secretary, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Governance and Operations, of this Department, re: collaboration among DOLE, DepEd, CHED, TESDA and PRC on the “Sa ‘Pinas, Ikaw ang Ma’am at Sir” SPIMS program. This was launced in late 2014 to assist Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) who worked as professional teachers or household service workers (HSWs) abroad by providing employment to them as teachers upon their return to the Philippines.
Dissemination and strict compliance of this Memorandum is desired.
Updated (February 18, 2017) – A Convergence Program for OFW LET Passers – Sa Pinas, Ikaw ang Ma’am/Sir
May 20, 2016
All Regional Directors
Concerned Schools Division Superintendents
JESUS L.R. MATEO
Hiring of Teacher I for DOLE-DEPED’s “Sa Pinas, Ikaw ang Maam at Sir” Employment Program for Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWS)
- A collaboration among DOLE, DepEd, CHED, TESDA, and PRC, the Sa ‘Pinas, Ikaw ang Ma’am at Sir SPIMS program was launched in late 2014 to assist Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) who work as professional teachers or household service workers (HSWs) abroad by providing employment as teachers back home in the Philippines.
- Upon evaluation of the OFW applicants endorsed by DOLE, we have identified 198 individuals who have passed the Licensure Examination for Teachers (LET), taken refresher courses, or taught within the last five (5) years. As this is a special program, these applicants, as identified in Annex A, shall automatically be given permanent Teacher I items and be assigned to schools with shortages (also specified in Annex A) this School Year (SY) 2016-2017.
- Creation of the 198 items has been requested from the DBM this past 19 May 2016 While awaiting the issuance of NOSCAs, the SDOs are instructed to advise the concerned individuals regarding their school assignments as well as the documentary requirements they need to submit to the SDO, as detailed in DepEd Order No. 7, s. 2016.
- Moreover, SDOs are hereby instructed to assess these teachers through interview and demonstration teaching. Once weaknesses are identified, SDOs shall address the noted gaps appropriately through the conduct of teacher trainings and/or other apt interventions deemed necessary
- Regional offices shall disseminate this Memorandum to the concerned SDOs within their jurisdiction. Strict compliance with this Memorandum is desired.