2018 Palarong Pambansa Arnis Guidelines and Ground Rules
I. COMPETITION RULE:
The International rules and the DepEd ground Rules in Arnis Competition shall govern the conduct of this event in the Palarong Pambansa including other DepEd sponsored competition in the lower level.
> Boys: 3 Players and 1 Coach
> Girls: 3 Players, 1 Coach and 1 Chaperon
> Boys: 5 Players and 1 Coach
> Girls: 5 Players, 1 Coach and 1 Chaperon
There shall be a maximum of five (5) participants distributed evenly in the different weight divisions for both Secondary Boys and Girls in the Arnis Full Contact. As a matter of procedure, each region/team is allowed only one (1) entry in each of the five (5) weight category (secondary)
SECONDARY LEVEL – WEIGHT DIVISION
|43 kgs up to 47 kgs||Pinweight||37 kgs up to 40 kgs|
|Over 47 kgs up to 51 kgs||Bantamweight||Over 40 kgs up to 44 kgs|
|Over 51 kgs up to 55 kgs||Featherweight||Over 44 kgs up to 48 kgs|
|Over 55 kgs up to 60 kgs||Extra Lightweight||Over 48 kgs up to 52 kg|
|Over 60 kgs up to 65 kgs||Half Lightweight||Over 52 kgs up to 56 kgs|
III. FULL CONTACT COMPETITION:
Participants are required to wear the standard uniform
- White plain T-shirt (athlete’s name, school/club logo, division and region may appear on provided that it does not dominate the over-all appearance of the shirt.
- Plain red pants (school/club logo may appear on the pants).
- Rubber soled shoes.
In case of DRAW the declaration of winner shall be based on the following criterion:
- Superiority or aggressiveness of the player
- Major advance technique
- Artistic delivery
In case of injury caused by accidental blow, the medical doctor decides/suggests to give the injured player a little time to rest before he/she can continue the game, the decision as stated shall be suspended for a while. However, the rest period shall not be more than two (2) minutes after which the medical doctor must declare the fitness of the injured player to continue or discontinue the game.
Conduct of the Tournament
The conduct of the Full Contact competition shall be on a two-out-of-three round system. Each round should be held for a maximum of two (2) minutes for the Secondary level.
Players are required to show artistic arnis movements unique to their styles for at least three (3) seconds when the referee says “HANDA”. Failure to do this – First Offense will be given BABALA or warning. Second and succeeding offenses shall be considered as PAGLABAG or foul.
A SCORE shall meana strike with a padded stick using one hand only, delivered to a specific body pointand is counted upon confirmation by two (2) or at least one (1) of the judges, simultaneously recorded on the scoreboard and score sheet.
A legitimate strike is given a point if it is delivered to a specific body point in correct form, that is with power, right timing, with art, distance and intent.
Spontaneous strike is allowed, but the judges can only give maximum three points Per encounter but in accordance with the guidelines on legitimate strike.
IV. LIKHA ANYO COMPETITION:
Composition: Five (5) Players/Participants will come from the Team members in the full contact event who qualify in the weigh-in in the secondary level both boys/ girls and three (3) players who qualify in the NSAC age requirements for both boys and girls elementary level. Likewise, the coach and chaperon will be the same as in full contact.
Elementary (Boys/Girls Category)
A. Individual Likha Anyo Single Weapon Category – 1player per individual category
B. Individual Likha AnyoDouble Weapon Category – 1 player per individual category
C. Individual Likha Anyo ESPADA Y DAGA – 1 player per individual category
D. Team (Synchronized Mixed) Likha Anyo Double Weapon Category – 1 boy & 1 girl per team category.
E. Team (Synchronized) Likha Anyo Single Weapon Category – 3 players per team category.
F. Team (Synchronized) Likha Anyo Double Weapon Category – 3 players per team category
G. Team (synchronized) Likha Anyo Espada y Daga – 3 players per category
Secondary(Boys and Girls category)
A. Individual Likha Anyo Single Weapon Category – 1 player per individual category
B. Individual Likha Anyo Double Weapon Category – 1 player per individual category
C. Individual Likha ESPADA Y DAGA – 1 player per individual category
D. Team (Synchronized) Likha Anyo Single Weapon Category – 3 players per team category
E. Team (Synchronized) Likha Anyo Double Weapon Category – 3 players per team category
F. Team (synchronized) Likha Anyo Espada y Daga – 3 players per category
Costume: For the Anyo competition. It is required that the participating regions must use the Delegation uniform or the Arnis uniform (white t-shirt and red pants)
Weapons: A player may have the option to choose any of the following weapons (with a minimum length of 24 inches and a maximum length of 36 inches.)
1. Wooden stick/yantok – The cane (stick) made of wood or rattan should measure not less than 60cm. (24 inches) and not more than 90cm. (36 inches.)
2. Wooden Replica of a Bladed Weapon – The wooden replica should measure not less than 60cm. (24 inches) and not more than 90cm. (36 inches) in full length and should be ethnic Filipino in origin.
3. Metallic/wooden Unbladed Replica of a Bladed Weapon – The metallic replica should measure not less than 60cm. (24 inches) and not more than 90cm. (36 inches) in full length and should be ethnic Filipino in origin
4. Metallic/wooden Unbladed of a replica of a bladed sword and a dagger – The metallic replica of the sword should measures not more than 60cm. in length and the dagger should measure not less than 20cm. and not more than 31cm. and should be Filipino in origin.
5. Determining the Winner in anyo competition: There shall be seven (7) judges and the total score of the seven (7) Judges shall be added to determine the score obtained by the performer which will be added together to get the score.
* In case of tie, the highest and the lowest score of the seven (7) Judges shall be eliminated, hence, the score of the remaining five (5) judges shall be determined to break the tie.
* In case of another tie, the highest and the lowest score of the (5) Judges shall be eliminated, hence, the score of the remaining Three (3) judges shall be determined to break the tie.
* In case another Tie: Repeat performance
*The ranking of participants is based from the net score obtained which is determined by deducting all identified point deduction/s committed if any in accordance with the rules.
Conduct of the Tournament:
- The conduct of the competition shall be one (1) round Anyo performance for both Secondary and Elementary level (boys/girls)
- Each performance shall have a minimum of one (1) minute and a maximum time limit of two (2) minutes. The official time shall start when the player/team gives the Standard courtesy (Pugay) and it shall officially ended when the player/teams gives the ending courtesy (Pugay).
- Standard Pugay is at close stance, salutation is done by placing the right hand with the weapon pointing upward over the left chest, while the left arm is at the side at closed fist and followed by a nod.
- The Likha Anyo performance both in secondary and elementary Level shall be focused on Arnis skills.
- No Acrobatic/fancy movement (such as; tumbling, back flip, somersault, cartwheel and other combative discipline skills will be incorporated during the performance of Likha Anyo.
- Score in the Likha Anyo competition shall have a numerical value from 1-10 with an increment of 0.25 under the five criterion.
- Drinking of any kind of liquid during the actual matches/performance’s is strictly prohibited.
PENALTIES AND VIOLATIONS
- Violation of time limit shall cause the participant/s deduction of points. A deduction of 2points should be given in short of the minimum one (1) minute time limit or in excess of the maximum of two (2) minute time limit. .
- Stepping and/or going out of the boundary lines will cause the performer/s a deduction of two (2) points regardless of number of stepping violation.
- Performers who accidentally loses grip of the weapon/s should be given a deduction of five (5) points for every violation.
- Weapon gets destroyed or has any apparent damage to any part of the weapon will cause the performers a deduction of five (5)points per violation and per player in a team.
- Violation of the Standard Salutation (Pugay):Failure to execute the standard pugay at the start/end of performance would mean a five(5) point’s deduction per violation and per player in a team.
- Judgment calls cannot be protested
V. OTHER MATTERS:
- Eligibility of coaches, assistant coach, and chaperon must adhere to the Rules and Guidelines for the National Accreditation and Screening of Athletes and coaches, assistant coach and Chaperon for the Palarong Pambansa. (Both Full Contact event and Likha Anyo competition)
- Coaches, Assistant coaches /Chaperons must be accredited.
- Official coaches/assistant coach and chaperons listed on the gallery are allowed to sit on the coaches designated chair for coaching, when his/ her athletes where playing simultaneously in two (2) different court during the competition.
- Official coaches/assistant coach and chaperons must be in their official Delegation Uniform and ID’s while on coaching, No short pants, sando and slippers will be allowed for the coaches/chaperons during the competition.
- Official coaches/assistant coach and chaperons must observe proper decorum during the competition
- The Technical Committee shall decide on all other queries/issues not mentioned in the Ground rules.