The Philippine Sports Commission (PSC), in partnership with the Department of Education (DepEd) will hold its 2015 Philippine Youth Games (PYGs) – Batang Pinoy by cluster on the following dates with the respective place of venues:
|Luzon Qualifying Leg||July 20-27, 2015||Bulacan|
|Mindanao Qualifying Leg||September 21-28, 2015||Koronadal City|
|Visayas Qualifying Leg||October 25-31, 2015||Antique|
|National Finals||November 29-December 2, 2015||Cebu|
The PYGs – Batang Pinoy aims to address the country’s need for a comprehensive grassroots program centered on values information inherent in the practice of sports and play such as patriotism, nationalism, self-discipline, respect for the law and order, hard work, teamwork, camaraderie, sportsmanship, and fair play. Thus, these games may minimize if not eliminate the child’s chances of becoming a juvenile delinquent.
The DepEd, through its regional and schools division offices (ROs and SDOs), shall extend its support to the successful staging of the 2015 PYGs – Batang Pinoy.
The guidelines on the participation of public school elementary pupils and secondary students as athletes, and the involvement of school officials and personnel, teachers, as well as coaches and officiating officials are as follows:
- Expenses of the pupil/student-athletes and school coaches relative to their participation in the 2015 Philippine Youth Games (PYGs – Batang Pinoy activities shall be shouldered by the local government units (LGUs), which they represent. No funds coming from the DepEd shall be used for the said event. There shall be no fund raising activity by field officials, public school administrators or teachers for the same purposes;
- The LGUs shall coordinate with the schools division physical education and schools sports (PESS) supervisors regarding the identification, recruitment, and participation of the pupil/student-athletes, and the designation of coaches. It is desired that they be guided by the performance standards set in their last district or division athletic meets on deciding the events in which their athletes can compete;
- Physical Education (PE) and other public school teachers and non-teaching employees selected by the National Sports Associations (NSAs), as confirmed by the PSC and approved by the DepEd, through their respective schools division superintendents (SDSs) or head of office, shall serve as officiating officials in the 2015 PYGs – Batang Pinoy and they will attend on official time only;
- Make-up classes which shall be held after each cluster and the national championships for all participating pupil/student-athletes shall be arranged accordingly by their respective class advisers and school principals;
- PSC shall allocate funds for the 2015 Philippine Youth Games (PYGs) – Batang Pinoy which shall include, but not limited to food, accomodations, honoraria, and transportation expenses of all DepEd technical officials to and from the host city; and
- Public school premises shall not be used as sports competition venues, billeting areas, and other related purposes; unless otherwise approved by DepEd through the Office of the Undersecretary for Regional Operations.