DepEd Memorandum No. 18, s. 2016
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
1. The Department of Education (DepEd) supports the 2016 Activities of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) pursuant to Republic Act No. 9512 entitled National Environmental Awareness and Education Act, and other existing laws, rules and regulations.
2. The activities aim to support the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Environmental Education Action Plan of 2014-2018.
3. The following are the enclosures of this Memorandum:
Enclosure No. 1 – Letter of Atty. Juan Miguel T. Cuna, DENR Assistant Secretary and Concurrent EMB Director;
Enclosure No. 2 – List of Nationally and Internationally-Significant Environmental Events/Celebrations; and
Enclosure No. 3 – Provisional List of Support Activities to 2016 Environmental Events.
4. For more information, all concerned may contact Ms. Elenida del Rosario-Basug, Chief of the Environmental Education and Information Division, Environmental Management Bureau (EMB) of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) at telefax no. (02)928-4674, telephone no. (02)376-5610, mobile phone no. 0937-275-3553 or through [email protected]
5. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
Republic of the Philippines
Department of Environmental and Natural Resources
ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT BUREAU
DENR Compound, Visayas Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City 1116
Telephone Nos.: 927-15-17, 928-20-96
Email: [email protected]
January 15, 2016
BR. ARMIN LUISTRO, FSC
DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City
Dear Br. Luistro:
The Philippines is supporting various national and international environmental events that we would like to request your institution to likewise support. Attached is a copy of the same.
As such, we would also like to request your organization to include these events in your official calendar, and issue a national memorandum circular urging the support of various educators, institutions and stakeholders under your department, and conduct support activities for the year 2016, in support to the ASEAN Environmental Education Action Plan of 2014-2018.
- National Zero Waste Month – Whole Month of January
- World Wetlands Day – February 2
- World Wildlife Day – March 3
- World Forest Day – March 21
- World Water Day – March 22
- Philippine Water Week – 4th Week of March
- Earth Hour – 4th Saturday of March (8:30-9:30 p.m.)
- Philippine Earth Month – Whole Month of April
- International Earth Day – April 22
- Month of the Ocean – Whole Month of May
- International Day for Biological Diversity – May 22
- Philippine Environment Month – Whole Month of June
- Philippine Eagle Week – June 4-10
- World Environment Day – June 5
- World Day to Combat Desertification – June 17
- National Arbor Day – June 25
- National Disaster Consciousness Month – Whole Month of July
- National Clean-Up Month – Whole Month of September
- International Coastal Clean Up Weekend – 3rd Weekend of September
- International Ozone Day – September 16
- National Tamaraw Month – Whole Month of October
- International Lead Prevention Poisoning Week – October 20-26
- National Clean Air Month and National Environmental Awareness Month – Whole Month of November
- National Climate Change Consciousness Week – November 19-25
- National Day for Youth in Climate Action – November 25
Likewise attached herewith are the template and forms to fill up for the various support activities from your different institutions.
W’e look forward to your favorable response on this matter. We would be grateful to be furnished a copy of such order or circular which your office would issue. Should you have any other queries, please do not hesitate to contact Ms. Elenida Basug, Chief of the Environmental Education and Information Division, Environmental Management Bureau of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources at telefax number 928-46-74, telephone number 376-56-10: mobile number 0937-2753553 or e-mail address at [email protected]
Thank you very much for your usual support to our endeavors to strengthen the implementation of Republic Act No. 9512 (National Environmental Awareness and Education Act).
Very truly yours,
ATTY. JUAN MIGUEL T. CUNA, CESO IV
DENR Assistant Secretary and Concurrent EMB Director