Constitution of the National Screening and Accreditation Committee (NSAC) for the 2016 Palarong Pambansa
DepEd Memorandum No. 17, s. 2016
Bureau and Service Directors
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
1. Section 13, Article 5 of Republic Act No. 10588, otherwise known as The Palarong Pambansa Act of 2013, provides that “the National Screening and Accreditation Committee (NSAC) shall accredit qualified athletes, coaches and chaperones, and shall submit a master list of qualified athletes, coaches and chaperones, to the Palaro Board at least two months before the Palarong Pambansa”. The 2016 Palarong Pambansa will be held from April 10 to 16, 2016 at Legazpi City, Albay.
2. In this connection, and by authority of the Palaro Board, the NSAC is hereby constituted to screen and accredit the athletes, coaches and chaperones submitted by the 18 Regional Athletic Delegations.
3. Enclosed are the following documents for reference:
Enclosure No. 1 – List of the Members of the NSAC;
Enclosure No. 2 – Procedure for the Conduct of the Screening and Accreditation; and
Enclosure No. 3 – Schedule for the Screening and Accreditation.
Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
Enclosure No. 1 to DepEd Memorandum No. 17, s. 2016
LIST OF MEMBERS OF THE 2016 PALARONG PAMBANSA NATIONAL SCREENING AND ACCREDITATION COMMITTEE
|CENTRAL OFFICE REPRESENTATIVE|
|Screening and Accreditation|
|ATTY. CORNELIO A. PACALA - Chairman||Central Office|
|ROBERTSON M. TULIAO||Central Office|
|FIDEL E. SALOSAGCOL||Central Office|
|RAINERIO U. REYES, MD||Cavite Province Division|
|RENE S. SURIO, DMD||Northern Samar|
|JAMAICA G. RANGIRIS||Central Office|
|Database and Documentation|
|JEREMIAH D. GUMBOC||Central Office|
|JOEL M. FAUSTINO||Central Office|
|LORETO P. VIRGO, JR.||Central Office|
|ALLAN M. MALING||Central Office|
|GERARDO G. DOMINGO||Central Office|
|DANTE RAPOZA, JR.||Central Office|
|JONNALYN K. NGADAO||Central Office|
|17 REGIONAL DELEGATIONS REPRESENTATIVE|
|Screening and Accreditation|
|DENIS M. AGBAYANI||Region I|
|EMERITO C. NICDAO||Region II|
|JEANETTE V. MARTINEZ||Region IV-B|
|EFREN M. SALVADORA||Region V|
|DONATO G. DELGADO, Ed. D||Region VI|
|DR. ADELINE C. LUAREZ||Region VII|
|RUBEN E. PAYLADO||Region VIII|
|NELSON S. LASAGAS||Region IX|
|ROGELIO C. EVANGELISTA||Region X|
|CLEMENTE E. TIBAL||Region XI|
|ROGELIO P. RADAZA||Region XII|
|DEMOSTHENES J. QUINAL||CARAGA|
|ELFREDO C. DALANG||CAR|
|ARNEL L. AGANG||ARMM|
|JOCELYN V. MARCIAL, Ed. D||NCR|
Enclosure No. 2 to DepEd Memorandum No. 17, s. 2016
PROCEDURE FOR THE SCREENING AND ACCREDITATION OF ATHLETES AND COACHES
- The National Screening and Accreditation Committee (NSAC) shall be composed of representatives from the DepEd Central Office and the chairmen of the Regional Screening and Accreditation Committees (RSACs) of all the regions.
- The chairmen of the RSACs shall conduct the screening of athletes, coaches and chaperones in their respective regions. The Chairman of the RSAC shall be assisted by the members of the RSAC of the regions concerned.
- In exceptional cases and when circumstances require, the NSAC representatives of the Central Office may be requested in writing by the RSAC chairmen to assist in the screening of their respective athletes, coaches and chaperones. The Secretary or its authorized representative may also issue a directive to the NSAC representative(s) of the Central Office to assist in the screening of RSAC for the Palarong Pambansa.
- Within three (3) days after the period of screening prescribed in Enclosure No. 3 of this Memorandum, the NSAC and RSAC members who screened the athletes, coaches and chaperones of a particular region shall submit to the NSAC Chair the final master list and picture galleries (soft and hard copies) of the screened athletes coaches and chaperones, stating in their accompanying letter-recommendation this: “They had screened and evaluated the athletes, coaches and chaperones of the subject regional athletic delegation and they certify that the attached documents are true, complete and correct to the best of their knowledge and belief, and they understand that any false information given or any true information withheld from said documents may provide grounds for administrative disciplinary action”.
- The final master list shall likewise be certified by the head of the delegation, stating in his/her accompanying letter-recommendation this: “He/she certifies that the attached documents are true, complete and correct to the best of his/ her knowledge and belief, and he/she understands that any false information given or any true information withheld from said documents may provide grounds for administrative disciplinary action”.
- The final master list and the picture galleries of the athletes, coaches and chaperones shall be posted in the DepEd website or any available website upon submission by the delegation concerned. The posted master lists shall likewise be the basis for the filing and/or receiving of complaints or protest, if any, within the period prescribed in Enclosure No. 3 of this Memorandum.
- The Communication Division of this Department shall facilitate the immediate posting in the DepEd website or to any available website, the submitted master lists and/or photo galleries of athletes, coaches and chaperones within the period prescribed in Enclosure No. 3.
- The NSAC Chair shall submit to the Palaro Board the lists of accredited athletes, coaches and chaperones within the period provided in Enclosure No. 3.
- The rules and guidelines provided in Enclosure No. 6 of DepEd Memorandum No. 49, s. 2014 dated April 24, 2014 which are not inconsistent with procedures provided in this Memorandum and other issuances for the 2015 Palarong Pambansa are hereby adopted for the screening and accreditation of athletes, coaches and chaperones.
- Travel authorities for the conduct of the screening and accreditation shall be issued pursuant to DepEd Order No. 66, s. 2008. Travel and incidental expenses relative thereto is chargeable against local funds, meanwhile, travel and incidental expenses of NS AC representative of the Central Office may be charged to OSEC/Palaro funds, subject to usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
- The Undersecretary for Finance and Administration shall expedite and facilitate the downloading or release of the funds for the screening and accreditation.
Enclosure No. 3 to DepEd Memorandum No. 17, s. 2016
SCHEDULE OF SCREENING AND SUBMISSION OF ACCREDITED ATHLETES, COACHES AND CHAPERONS
Within three (3) days after the Regional Meet – Screening of athletes, coaches and chaperones.
March 3, 2016 – Deadline for the submission by the NSAC members with their RSAC members and the head of delegation concerned of the final master list and picture galleries (soft and hard copies) of the screened athletes, coaches and chaperones, to the NSAC Chair.
March 5, 2016 – Posting of the final master lists and photo galleries submitted by the heads of delegations in the DepEd website or to any available website.
March 5 to 21, 2016 – Period to file complaint or protest to the NSAC. The NSAC shall resolve the protest within five (5) days from receipt thereof. Decisions of the NSAC shall be executory and appealable to the Palaro Board within three (3) days from receipt thereof by the party adversely affected. Within two (2) days from receipt of the decision on the protest or complaint, the head of delegation shall submit the replacement of his/her disqualified athletes, coaches and chaperones.
March 23, 2016 – Last day of submission of replacement players, coaches and chaperones due to reasons other than protest, complaints medical condition or fortuitous event.
March 25, 2016 – Submission by the NSAC to the Palaro Board of the final master list of the screened and accredited athletes, coaches and chaperones for the 2015 Palarong Pambansa.
March 31, 2016 – Last day of submission of replacement athletes, coaches and chaperones due to medical condition or fortuitous event.