April 5, 2016
DepEd Memorandum No. 58, s. 2016
2016 SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM FOR SPECIAL EDUCATION (SPED) TEACHERS HANDLING CHILDREN WITH AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDER
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary School Heads
1. In support to the thrust of improving quality education for children with autism, the Bureau of Learning Delivery-Student Inclusion Division (BLD-SID) announces the conduct of the 2016 Scholarship Program for SPED Teachers Handling Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (2nd Term) to be held at Mariano Marcos State University, Laoag City from April 6 to May 3, 2016.
2. The Scholarship program aims to provide the SPED teachers with knowledge and skills on the various educational programs, advances in research and interventions, and current trends in autism spectrum disorder.
3. To be able to complete the program, participants from the first term will be the same participants to attend the 2nd term as listed in Enclosure No. 1.
4. The SPED Scholars are entitled to their salaries, course tuition fees, stipend and transportation. The DepEd shall provide their travel expenses using the most economical mode of transportation and per diem for two (2) days (1 day before and 1 day after) in going to and from the venue which will be paid on the last week of the course. Payment shall be charged to BLD funds subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
5. For more information, please contact Dr. Jose D. Tuguinayo, Jr., Chief, BLD-SID at telephone no.: (02) 631-9993 or through email address: bld.[email protected]
6. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
[scribd id=307082280 key=key-aKe9A2wrCFs9JzpBXqjC mode=scroll]