April 5, 2016
DepEd Memorandum No. 60, s. 2016
GUIDELINES ON THE DEPED NATIONAL UNIFORMS FOR TEACHING AND NON-TEACHING PERSONNEL
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
1. This is to announce the decision of the Executive Committee (ExeCom) that there will only be two (2) sets of national uniforms to be used by Teaching and Non-Teaching Personnel starting School Year 2016-2017, with consideration of the following guidelines set by the DepEd Uniform Committee (DUC):
a. General availability of the textile materials in the market;
b. Comfort and durability of the textile materials. The quality of the fabric should be adaptable to the weather conditions and the environment of concerned personnel; and
c. Over-all look. The design of the uniform should be presentable, and should convey modesty and integrity. Age, body built, and skin tone will also be considered in the design process.
2. The DUC will convene on April 25, 2016 and will prepare a selection of designs and range of colors for the uniforms. Design and colors will be presented to the ExeCom for approval.
3. The design of the uniforms will be in the simplest form to allow unrestricted movement. No specific fabric will be prescribed, for as long as the fabric used will follow the guidelines set that will be captured in a separate memorandum to be released by the end of April 2016.
4. Only the approved national uniforms should be used by both teaching and non-teaching personnel. There shall be no regional and schools division uniforms as to have uniformity across all offices. Bulk buying of fabric is likewise prohibited.
5. The schedule listed below should be followed:
a. Set A for the Mondays and Wednesdays and Set B for Tuesdays and Thursdays. Color assignments will be communicated separately; and
b. Appropriate office clothes may be worn on uniform-free Fridays.
6. The annual clothing and uniform allowance in the amount of Five Thousand Pesos (P 5,000.00) has already been released. To facilitate the transition period, employees can still wear their old uniforms. But all concerned personnel must wear the new prescribed uniforms by July 2016.
7. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
- 2016 Scholarship Program for Special Education (SPED) Teachers Handling Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Dissemination of Comelec Response Regarding Coverage of Prohibitions Under Section 261 (V) and (W) of the Omnibus Election Code
- Administrative Meeting with Regional Training Teams on the Capacity Building of Senior High School (SHS) Teachers for the K to 12 Basic Education Program