March 10, 2017
DepEd Memorandum No. 48, s. 2017
Table of Contents
2017 NATIONAL OBSERVANCES AND COMMEMORATIONS, AND RELATED ACTIVITIES
Bureaus and Services Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
1. A Steering Committee on National Observances was created pursuant to Administrative Order No. 23, s. 2011. It is composed of the National Historical Commission of the Philippines (NHCP) as Chair and the Department of Education (DepEd), Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG), and the Department of Tourism (DOT) as its members.
The activities aim to:
a. raise the level of historical or cultural awareness and consciousness of the elementary and secondary schools learners relative to the significance of the national commemorations;
b. instill in their minds the greatness of the Filipino race, the legacy of their national heroes, and the ideals of their nationhood; and
c. reawaken the Filipino people, especially the youth, of their responsibility and patriotic commitment to truly demonstrate the spirit of heroism, patriotism, nationalism, unity and national identity.
2. The Steering Committee has issued the enclosed 2017 National Observances and Commemorations, and Related Activities, in accordance with existing laws, rules and regulations.
3. This Memorandum will serve as a guide to all public and private schools nationwide to carry out meaningful activities integrated in classroom discussions and school programs or events in the following related subject areas:
a. Sibika at Kultura;
b. Heograpiya, Kasaysayan at Sining (HEKASI);
c. Araling Panlipunan;
d.Values Education or Edukasyon sa Pagpapakatao;
e. Music, Arts, Physical Education and Health (MAPEH);
f. Filipino; and
4. Attendance, cooperation and support is a must from the participating region, schools division, district, and schools. Required number of participants, programs, and activities to be conducted or undertaken during the aforementioned national observances and commemorations will be announced in a separate memorandum.
5. Regional/Schools Division/District employees, school principals, teachers, and other personnel engaged in additional time-on-task shall receive appropriate compensation in the form of overtime pay or service credits stipulated in DepEd Order No. 53, s. 2003.
6. Travel allowances and per diem of the DepEd National and Technical Working Group members in attending and monitoring the different activities shall be charged to 2017 CO-GASS Funds, subject to its availability and the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
7. For more information, all concerned may contact the External Partnership Service-Special Events Unit (EPS-SEU), Department of Education (DepEd) Central Office, Bonifacio Building, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telephone nos. (02) 637-5832 and (02) 637-5834.
8. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
(Enclosure to DepEd Memorandum No. 48, s. 2017)
2017 HISTORICAL/NATIONAL CELEBRATIONS AND RELATED ACTIVITIES
Continue Reading: Click Here