June 05, 2017
DepEd Memorandum No. 105, s. 2017
2017 Nutrition Month Celebration
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
1. The National Nutrition Council (NNC) will lead the whole nation in the celebration of the 2017 Nutrition Month this coming July. The main purpose of this Celebration is to disseminate nutrition-related messages to all Filipinos through the focal theme Healthy Diet, Gawing Habit -for Life!
2. The Celebration aims to:
a. promote the consumption of healthier foods and discourage the eating of unhealthy foods;
b. encourage the families and individuals to eat a balanced diet with a variety of food in the right quantity and maintaining an ideal body weight to reduce obesity and non-communicable diseases;
c. create awareness among them on making the right choices of food; and
d. encourage food industry, producers, distributors and farmers and make healthy foods available for all.
3. In support of this developmental endeavor, the Department of Education (DepEd) enjoins all schools to participate in this Celebration by undertaking meaningful activities which will highlight the importance of good nutrition, healthy diet and healthy lifestyle.
4. However, it is emphasized, that the Engaged Time-on-Task Policy of the DepEd should be observed as stipulated in DepEd Order No. 9, s. 2005.
5. A consolidated narrative report with the pictorials on the highlights of the observance of Nutrition Month shall be prepared by the regional health and nutrition personnel for submission to the NNC regional offices.
6. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES