Table of Contents
Having troubles managing your time for your new work and for your review?
We are aware that not all young and aspiring professional teachers can manage to travel and are available and for review every day of the week, TeacherPH would like to provide the most accessible and practical way to reach out and help you pass the Licensure Examination for Teachers.
We are committed to help you get your LICENSE, your passport to the world of teaching! So let us help you hit your target! Enroll now!
We will make it possible for you to review in the most convenient and affordable way!
TeacherPH invites you to its very first National Coaching and Online Review for LET takers!
We will go and visit each region in the Philippines just to reach you and give you our support as you journey to the professional world of teaching!
Come and review with us!
Enroll now to TeacherPH’s LET online review and get a chance to attend a whole day intensive review and coaching with our competent and experienced coaches and trainers from different parts of the country!
2018 LET General Education Reviewer by TeacherPH:
1. Below is an excerpt from John F. Kennedy’s “Inaugural Address.”
In your hands, my fellow citizens, more than mine, will rest the final success or failure of our course. Since this country as founded, each generation of Americans has been summoned to give testimony to its national loyalty. The graves of young Americans into answered the call to service surround the globe. Now the trumpet summons us again-not as a call to bear arms, though, arms we need, not as a call to battle, though embattled we are; but a call to bear the burden of a long twilight struggle, year in and year out, rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, a, struggle against the common enemies of man: tyranny, poverty, disease, and war itself. Can we forge against these enemies a grand and global alliance, North and South, East and West, that can assure a more fruitful life for all mankind? Will you join me in this historic effort? In the long history of the world, only a few generations have been granted the role of defending freedom in its hour of maximum danger. I do not shrink from this responsibility; I welcome it I do not believe that any of us would exchange places with any other people or any other generation. The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it, and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. And so, my fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. My Fellow citizens of the world ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.
One of the purposes of the speech is to motivate listeners to
A. serve their country
B. enlist in the armed forces
C. prepare themselves for battle
D. preserve the right to bear arms
2. What is the difference between the largest 4-digit number and the smallest 4-digit number?
3. How many ways can a committee of four people be selected from a group of seven people?
4. Which location should have most nearly twelve hours of day light and twelve hours of darkness during December?
a. a town that is located between the Equator and the South Pole
b. a town that is located close to the equator
c. a town that is located close to the North Pole
d. a town that is located close to the South Pole
5. How many gallons of water will fill a fish tank that is 18 inches by 12 inches by 48 inches? (There are 231 cubic inches per gallon). Round your answer to the nearest gallon.
a. 45 gallons
b. 40 gallons
c. 47 gallons
d. 38 gallons
6. Which are the next three terms in the progression 1, 4, 16 . . . 8 terms?
a. 64, 256, 1024
b. 67, 259, 1027
c. 66, 258, 1026
d. 65, 257, 1025
7. One of the most outstanding accomplishments of the cooperative movement is the encouragement of thrift. Which maxim of God puts this into practice?
a. God helps those who help themselves
b. Look at the birds: they do not plant seeds/gather a harvest and put it in barns; yet your Father in heaven takes care of them!
c. He is near to those who call to Him, who call to Him with sincerity
d. Happy are those who are merciful to others; God will be merciful to them!
8. What correction should be made to this sentence?
Buying a fire extinguisher knowing how to use it, and placing it in a location familiar to all family members can help protect families against fire.
a. Insert a comma after extinguisher
b. Change the spelling of families to familys
c. Change placing to place
d. Insert a comma after help
9. Which is NOT personal integrity?
10. Nasa anong kaganapan ng pandiwa ang pangungusap?
Naglaro ng basketball sa Rizal Stadium ang koponan ng aming pamantasan.
11. In how many ways can you arrange three mathematics books (Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry) in order on a shelf?
12. Alin sa mga sumusunod ang mensahe ng epiko ng IIokano na BIAG NI LAM-ANG?
a. Pinatutunayan ng epiko ang yaman ng Ilokano sa lahat ng bagay.
b. Kailangan paniniwalaan ang ukol sa bisa ng mga anting-anting dahil sa mga pangyayaring nagpapatunay dito.
c. Dito nagpapatunay na walang kamatayan.
d. Masasalat ang mga katutubong ugali at mga tradisyong dapat pagyamanin at panatilihin upang pakinabangan ng kabataan.
13. The hypotenuse of a right triangle is 25 feet. If one leg is 24 feet, what is the length of the other leg?
a. 5 ft
b. 15 ft
c. 20 ft
d. 7 ft
14. Carter’s part in relinquishing U.S. control of the Canal Zone to Panama is described as a victory for __________.
15. If a baseball player hits 10 home runs in the first 45 games, at the same rate how many home runs can he expect to hit during the 162-game season?
16. In an experiment, a drop of blue ink is placed on the surface of a glass of water. In a few minutes, the drop of ink is dispersed throughout the water, turning it light blue. The result of the experiment proves that
a. molecules of ink and molecules of water are in constant motion
b. heat causes the ink to disperse
c. a new compound is formed by the combination of ink and water
d. ink molecules have less density than water molecule.
17. Which area of the brain controls feeling on the left side of a person’s face?
a. The left occipital lobe
b. The left parietal lobe
c. The right parietal lobe
d. The right occipital lobe
18. The Soviet Union’s attempt to establish a missile base in Cuba is interpreted as a direct violation of
a. the Truman Doctrine
b. the Monroe Doctrine
c. the Strategic Arms Limitations Talks (SALT)
d. the Declaration of Independence
19. What does a stick of unlit dynamite demonstrate?
a. Chemical Energy
b. Nuclear Energy
c. Kinetic Energy
d. Potential Energy
20. A nation in which loess would likely be found today is
b. United States
21. Which is the MOST important perceived need and problem of the Filipino family?
a. Unemployment or financial problem
b. Proneness to vices
c. Over protectiveness of children
d. Double standard on the roles of male and female
22. Of the following changes in the socio-economic, political cultural and physical that have occurred in the Filipino family, which one remains to be TRUE?
a. The loss of the traditional evening prayer and the ritual of blessing (mano)
b. The unity of the family despite competing demands
c. The continued parental influence over children’s language dress and other behavior
d. The continued support for parents and siblings
23. Which of the following foreign policy actions today is a direct result of early American imperialist policy?
a. Stationing of American troops in West Germany
b. America’s military support of Israel in the Middle East
c. America’s patrolling of waters off the Libyan coast
d. America’s establishment of military bases in the Philippines
24. Which is the BEST WAY to write the underlined portion of this sentence?
A person should keep in mind some basic safety rules when you are deciding whether or not to use a fire extinguisher.
a. rules you decide
b. rules when you decided
c. rules you are deciding
d. rules when deciding
25. Which antidote would have a similar effect if vinegar or citrus juice were not available?
b. Raw egg white
c. Vegetable oil
26. How much larger is the supplement of a 57 degree angle than the complement of a 75 degree angle?
a. 108 degrees
b. 18 degrees
c. 105 degrees
d. 123 degrees
27. Rmae was a landowner from Cabiao, Nueva Ecija. Under the CARL, she was claiming 8 hectares, 5 hectares of which represented the retention limit and the 3 hectares for her only child. Why was her child denied the 3 hectares?
a. Her son was 15 years old who was actually tiling the farm
b. Her son was 17 years old who was managing the farm
c. Her son was 13 years old who has been helping till the farm
d. Her son was 19 years old who was actually tilling or managing the farm
28. Below is the poem written by Edgar Lee Masters in 1915:
What Happened to Tom Merritt?
At first I suspected something
She acted so calm and absent-minded.
And one day I heard the back door shut,
As I entered the front,
and I saw him slink Back of the smoke house into the lot,
And across the field.
And I meant to kill him on sight.
But that day, walking near Fourth Bridge,
Without a stick or a stone at hand,
All of a sudden I saw him standing,
Scared to death, holding his rabbits,
And all l could say was,
Don’t, Don’t, Don’t,
As he aimed and fired at my heart.
Which of the following techniques is used in the poem?
c. Free verse
29. Anong tayutay ang tinutukoy nito?
Durog ang katawang bumagsak sa semento si Miguel.
b. Pagbibigay katauhan
30. To gain the attention of the audience when speaking, the technique is to __________?
A. start low, speak hurriedly
B. start high, speak loudly
C. start high, speak rapidly
D. start low, speak slowly
Answer key on page 2