April 17, 2018
DepEd Memorandum No. 70, s. 2018
2018 PHILSPADA NATIONAL PARA GAMES
Bureau and Service Directors
Regional Directors Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
1. The Philippine Sports Commission (PSC), through the Philippine Sports Association for the Differently Abled-National Paralympic Committee of the Philippines (PHILSPADA-NPC Philippines), in coordination with the Department of Education (DepEd), will conduct the 2018 PHILSPADA National Para Games (PNPG) from May 12 to 19, 2018 at the Marikina Sports Center, Marikina City.
2. The 2018 PNPG aims to identify a new core of athletes who will be tapped by PHILSPADA-NPC Philippines for possible inclusion in national teams for future participation in international competitions, such as ASEAN Para Games, Asian Youth Para Games, and World Para Games and Paralympics. Specifically, its objectives are to:
a. encourage and promote the participation of persons with disabilities in mainstream sporting activities at all levels; and
b. ensure that children with disabilities have equal access with other children to play, recreation, leisure, and sporting activities, including school activities.
3. All regional directors, schools division superintendents, heads of public and private elementary and secondary schools, special education teachers, and officials are enjoined to support and participate in the 2018 PNPG. Attendance to this activity is on official business.
4. Accordingly, the organizers of the 2018 PNPG will provide accommodations for the regional delegations, while food and transportation expenses will be shouldered by the participants, which may be sourced from civic-minded individuals or oganizations, and sports enthusiasts.
5. The enclosed primer has been prepared by the PHILSPADA-NPC Philippines for this undertaking.
6. For more information, contact:
Mr. Dennis Esta
Philippine Sports Association for the Differently-Abled (PHILSPADA)
Telephone Nos.: (02) 635-0375, (02) 636-4884
Email Address: email@example.com
Ms. Jessica Elizabeth S. Brillantes
Bureau of Learner Support Services (BLSS)
School Sports Division (SSD)
Telephone No.: (02) 632-0260
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
[scribd id=376679764 key=key-maiywFLZPWJs6zTRPbhp mode=scroll]