April 17, 2018
DepEd Memorandum No. 71, s. 2018
K TO 10 TRAINING OF TEACHERS ON CRITICAL CONTENT
Bureau and Service Directors
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
1. With the full implementation of the K to 12 Basic Education Program, the Department of Education (DepEd), through the Bureau of Curriculum Development (BCD) with the National Educators Academy of the Philippines (NEAP), Bureau of Learning Delivery (BLD), and the Teacher Education Council Secretariat (TECS), in coordination with the Regional Offices (ROs), shall conduct the K to 10 Training of Teachers (TOT) on Critical Content. This training shall be conducted in two phases: Phase 1—National Training of Trainers (NTOT), and Phase 2—Training of Teachers (TOT).
2. The following activities shall be conducted to ensure the effective and efficient conduct of the training:
(Inclusive of Travel Time)
(Specific Venue to be announced)
|Orientation of the Regional Management Teams||• To familiarize the Regional Management Teams on the training design|
• To finalize the Regional Training Implementation Plan
|-Assistant Regional Directors -CLMD Chiefs -HRDD Chiefs -QAD Chiefs -Accountant -2 CID Chiefs (To be selected by the region) -Regional Supervisors of English, Science, Mathematics, Filipino, Music and Arts||April 8-11, 2018||Cebu|
|Orientation of National Trainers||• To familiarize the national trainers on the training design|
• To finalize the training design and training materials
|-Selected session guide writers, (teachers, head teachers, master teachers), and -Regional/division supervisors||April 13-18, 2018||Laguna|
In this regard, the regional directors (RDs) are requested to nominate their regional trainers by learning area preferably regional and division supervisors. The selection criteria for the regional trainers are contained in Enclosure No. 1.
3. The NTOTs, which shall be done in coordination with selected service provider who will identify the venues, shall be conducted as follows:
|• To provide participants with concrete understanding of critical content across selected subject areas||NTOT in Science (Grades 4 and 8)||-Selected session guide writers -Regional or division supervisors||April 23-May 4, 2018||Manila||Bureau of Curriculum Development (BCD)|
|NTOT in Mathemati cs (Grades 4 and 8)||April 23-May 4, 2018||Makati|
|NTOT in English (Grade 7)||April 23-May 2, 2018||Tanza Cavite|
|NTOT in Filipino (Grade 7)||April 30-May 2, 2018||Tanza Cavite|
|NTOT in Music and Arts|
|April 27-May 3, 2018||Los Banos Laguna|
4. Training costs which cover board and lodging, travelling expenses of the national trainers, honoraria of resource persons, supplies and materials, video documentation and other incidental expenses shall be charged to Fiscal Year (FY) 2018 Human Resource Development (HRD) Funds subject to the usual government accounting and auditing rules and procedures. On the other hand, the travel expenses of regional/division participants in the NTOT shall be charged to the downloaded funds to the regional offices.
5. Participants in the aforecited activities who are regional and/or schools division supervisors, shall observe the following:
a. Take the cheapest means of transportation to and from the venue, chargeable to the downloaded funds at the ROs;
b. Follow the check-in/check-out and meal schedules to be advised;
c. Present Authority to Travel; and
d. Bring their own laptops, copies of Curriculum Guides and other reference materials.
6. The TOT on Critical Content is as follows:
|TOT on Critical Content by Learning Area||To provide teachers with|
• concrete understanding of critical content in the Curriculum, and
• opportunities to demonstrate understanding of critical content
|Teachers in English, Filipino, Science, Mathematics, and Music and Arts||As soon as the NTOT for the learning area is concluded until May 31, 2018||To be identified by the ROs|
a. The participants in the activity shall be the K to 10 teachers across identified learning areas identified by the ROs. The summary of the number of teachers and trainers in every region is reflected in Enclosure No. 2.
b. The ROs shall manage the conduct of the TOT by self-administration or through its schools division offices.
c. The regions shall ensure that the TOT as reflected in the Regional Training Implementation Plan shall be conducted as soon as the NTOT for the learning area is concluded until May 31, 2018.
d. The RDs and the schools division superintendents (SDSs) shall ensure that the teachers prioritize the training over other activities.
e. The regions shall submit their completion report (technical and financial) on the conduct of the TOT on or before July 2, 2018 to Director Jocelyn DR Andaya, Attention: Dr. Isabel A. Victorino, Chief Education Program Specialist, Curriculum Standards and Development Division through email address: [email protected]
7. Board and lodging of participants, honoraria of speakers, supplies and materials and other incidental expenses in the TOT shall be charged to HRD Funds directly downloaded to ROs; while transportation costs and travelling expenses of teachers shall be charged to local funds, subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and procedures. The budget allocation by region is enclosed as Enclosure Nos. 3A to 3E.
8. The training designs are also enclosed for reference:
Enclosure No. 4A – Training Matrix of the RTOT in Science (Grade 4),
Enclosure No. 4B – Training Matrix of the RTOT in Science (Grade 8),
Enclosure No. 4C – Training Matrix of the RTOT in Mathematics (Grade 4),
Enclosure No. 4D – Training Matrix of the RTOT in Mathematics (Grade 8),
Enclosure No. 4E – Training Matrix of the RTOT in English (Grade 7),
Enclosure No. 4F – Training Matrix of the RTOT in Filipino (Grade 7), and
Enclosure No. 4G – Training Matrix of the RTOT in Music and Arts (Grade 7).
9. The participants, trainers, and management and staff shall be entitled to service credits in accordance with DepEd Order No. 53, s. 2003 entitled Updated Guidelines on the Grant of Vacation Service Credits to Teachers. On the other hand, non-teaching personnel shall be provided with Compensatory Time-Off (CTO) per Civil Service Commission (CSC), and Department of Budget and Management (DBM) Joint Circular No. 2, s. 2004 on Non-Monetary Remuneration for Overtime Service Rendered.
10. For more information, contact Jocelyn DR. Andaya, Director IV, Bureau of Curriculum Development, Department of Education (DepEd) Central Office, 3rd Floor Bonifacio Building DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telefax no.:(02) 633-7267 or email at [email protected]
11. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
- Department of Education Issuances and the K to 12 Basic Education Program (Volume 1)
- National Literature Month 2018
- Grant of Fiscal Year 2016 Collective Negotiation Agreement Incentive for the Department of Education Nonacademic Rank-and-File Employees and Officials
(Enclosure No. 1 to DepEd Memorandum No. 071, s. 2018)
Criteria in the Selection of Regional Trainers
The following are the criteria in the selection of trainers. They shall:
- have been a learning area specialists or have taught the learning area for at least 4 years;
- have been involved in previous trainings as trainers/facilitators/writers for the K to 12 for DepEd trainers. For Non-DepEd trainers, they should have been involved in previous trainings as trainers in their respective areas;
- possess excellent communication and facilitation skills;
- be physically healthy as certified by a government physician;
- not be more than 55 years old; and
- must obtain at least 85% in the mastery test of their learning area to be given by the Bureau of Curriculum Development through the Regional Supervisors.
[scribd id=376679163 key=key-JFQuv0I8zLhvHXgRB3TO mode=scroll]