62nd Annual National Council Meeting of the Boy Scout of the Philippines
May 03, 2018
DepEd Memorandum No. 078, s. 2018
62nd ANNUAL NATIONAL COUNCIL MEETING OF THE BOY SCOUTS OF THE PHILIPPINES
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary and Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
1. The Boy Scouts of the Philippines (BSP) will hold the 62nd Annual National Council Meeting (ANCM) from May 6 to 8, 2018 in Surigao City, Surigao del Norte.
2. The ANCM aims to:
a. receive reports from the National President and the National Treasurer,
b. elect four regular members of the National Executive Board (NEB),
c. receive amendments to the BSP By-Laws,
d. conduct the National Court of Honor, and
e. transact other business as may properly come before the meeting.
3. The Awarding Ceremonies of the Tribute to Scoutmaster, Outstanding Local Council and Regional Chairpersons, and Outstanding Local Council and Regional Commissioners are ancillary events.
4. The target participants are BSP NEB members, Department of Education (DepEd) regional directors (RDs), school division superintendents (SDSs), local council members, and other local officials representing the 120 local BSP councils in the country.
5. The participants from DepEd are allowed to attend on official time. Travel expenses to be incurred by participating DepEd officials and teachers involved in scouting will be charged to local funds, subject to its availability, and the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
6. The RDs and SDSs may attend the ANCM, provided that they shall receive the national higher awards and others, consistent with the BSP policy on personal acceptance of awards from the National Court of Honor.
7. For more information, contact Mr. Rogelio S. Villa Jr., Secretary General, Boy Scouts of the Philippines (BSP), 181 Natividad Almeda-Lopez St., Ermita, Manila at telephone nos. (02) 528-0555; (02) 527-8317 to 19, telefax no. (02) 528-0577, email at [email protected], or visit the website www.scouts.org.ph.
8. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES