August 16, 2016
DepEd Memorandum No. 123, s. 2016
7th NATIONAL SCOUT VENTURE CAMP OF THE BOY SCOUTS OF THE PHILIPPINES
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
1. The Boy Scouts of the Philippines (BSP) will hold its 7th National Scout Venture Camp with the theme Growth and Stability from September 25 to 30, 2016 at the BSP Camp Danao, Malapoc Norte, Maasin City, Southern Leyte.
2. The activity aims to:
a. provide opportunities for Senior Scouts to practice their physical, social, mental, emotional, and spiritual potentials;
b. discover and act upon their strengths through challenging, adventurous and experimental learning activities; and
c. appreciate the cultural and historical heritage of the host city/ province.
3. The following are the qualifications for participation to the 7th National Scout Venture Camp:
a. A Scout is expected to have leadership potentials, sufficient camping experience, and physically fit to undergo strenuous activities with corresponding parent’s consent and:
i. must be currently registered as a Senior Scout;
ii. must be 13 years old but not over 17 years old;
iii. must be a holder of at least Pathfinder Rank; and
iv. must be equipped with camping gears.
b. Participating Adult Leader must have the maturity and clarity about his/her role and:
i. must be currently registered;
ii. must be trained as an Outfit Advisor (OA) and have served as OA or Assistant Outfit Advisor for at least two years;
iii. must be of good moral character;
iv. must be physically fit as certified by a physician; and
v. must be equipped with camping gears.
4. A registration fee of Three Hundred Fifty Pesos (P 350.00) shall be charged”^ each participant to defray expenses for the program materials, administrative costs, souvenir items and other operating expenses. The registration fee, transportation, and other incidental expenses are chargeable to local funds or local school board funds, subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations. These expenses can also be solicited from private organizations.
5. Participation shall come from all scouting regions/local/councils, pro-rated as follows:
|Region||Number of Scouts/Unit Leader-Participants|
|Northeastern Luzon Region||100|
|Central Luzon Region||150|
|National Capital Region||300|
|Southern Tagalog Region||300|
|Western Visayas Region||400|
|Eastern Visayas Region||600|
|Western Mindanao Region||150|
|Eastern Mindanao Region||150|
6. The Senior Scouts, including Department of Education (DepEd) personnel involved in Scouting, are authorized to attend and participate in this National Scouting Event on official business.
7. The regional directors, schools division superintendents and school heads are encouraged to extend their full support to this activity.
8. For more information, all concerned may contact anyone from the BSP National Office through the National Project Management Team of the 7th National Scout Venture Camp:
Bienvenido B. Toledo
Telephone No.: (032) 255-5996
Email Address: email@example.com
Charlie M. Cameros
Telephone No.: (02) 527-5112 local 514
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES