DepEd Memorandum No. 3 s. 2016
Dissemination of Memorandum from the Office of the President (Recommendation for Appointment and/or Promotions to Career Executive Service (CES) Positions)
Bureau and Service Directors
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division Superintendents
All Others Concerned
1. For the information and guidance of all concerned, enclosed is a copy of Memorandum dated December 15, 2015 from the Office of the President entitled Recommendations for Appointment and/or Promotions to Career Executive Service (CES) Positions.
2. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
MEMORANDUM FROM THE EXECUTIVE SECRETARY
ALL DEPARTMENT SECRETARIES, HEADS OF AGENCIES AND OFFICES IN THE EXECUTIVE DEPARTMENT
Subject: RECOMMENDATIONS FOR APPOINTMENT AND/OR PROMOTIONS TO CAREER EXECUTIVE SERVICE (CES) POSITIONS
DATE: 15 December 2015
In order to uphold professionalism and commitment in the civil service through circumspect and discerning selection based on integrity, competence and performance, you are hereby directed to submit to the President all recommendations for appointment and/ or promotion to CES positions of qualified candidates who are either CES eligibles or Career Executive Service Officers (CESOs) with appropriate ranks.
In exceptional cases where a recommendation for appointment to a CES position is submitted in favor of a non-CES eligible officer, the Department Secretary or Head of Agency shall personally certify that:
1. There is no available and qualified CES-eligible officer from the CES roster of the Department or Agency concerned;
2. Efforts to recruit, screen and select appropriate candidates have been exhausted, in partnership with the Career Executive Service Board; and
3. There are highly meritorious and justifiable reasons cited to support such recommendation.
For strict compliance.
PAQUITO N. OCHOA, JR.