DepEd Memorandum No. 4 s. 2016
2016 National Leadership Training and Seminar of the Alliance of Concerned Teachers (ACT)
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
All Others Concerned
1. The Alliance of Concerned Teachers (ACT)-Philippines will conduct the 2016 National Leadership Training and Seminar from February 19 to 21, 2016 at the Baguio Teachers Camp (BTC), Baguio City.
2. The Training and Seminar aim to:
a. help in the professional growth of the teacher-leaders and future teacher-leaders from the different schools divisions nationwide;
b. help them develop the present as well as future teacher-leaders to be more responsible and conscious;
c. make them aware of their benefits and responsibilities to the different government agencies which they deal with;
d. make them aware about the present national situation and its relation to the teachers as well as the education situation of the country;
e. impart to them the knowledge on the proper management of their federations and faculty clubs; and
f. educate them on the proper handling of issues and problems which may arise within their respective schools or the other schools within their vicinity which may be between the administrators and teachers, among the teachers themselves, between teachers and parents or teachers and learners, thereby creating a harmonious atmosphere and environment in the school and the community. This is a major and conducive factor that would greatly contribute to the advancement of the quality of education.
3. The topics to be discussed are the following:
a. Department of Education (DepEd) Rules of Procedure;
b. Teachers’ Welfare and Economic Benefits like ACA/PERA, over and above step increment, back COLA, loyalty pay, clothing allowance, hazard pay, bonuses, 13th month pay, hardship allowance, promotions and others (including benefits which could be accessed through the local school board;
c. Administrative Functions of School Heads (SHs);
d. School Canteens and Cooperatives;
e. Authorized Collection Policy and Others;
f. How to Manage a Faculty Club?; and
g. Corporal Punishment and Republic Act No. 7610 entitled An Act Providing for Stronger Deterrence and Special Protection Against Child Abuse, Exploitation and Discrimination, Providing Penalities for Its Violations and for Other Purposes.
4. The target participants are teacher-leaders from public elementary and secondary schools nationwide. Each schools division is allowed to send six to ten teacher-leaders (combined elementary and secondary). They will attend on official time only.
5. The concerned SHs shall make arrangements for substitute teachers to handle the participants’ classes during the training and seminar.
6. A registration fee of One Thousand Five Hundred Pesos (P 1,500.00) will be charged to each participant to cover the cost of food and snacks, kits, and other expenses. Interested teacher-leader participants are advised to register or contact the organizers early for reservation purposes.
7. For more information, all concerned may contact Mr. Raymond Basilio at telephone no. (02) 456-1899 or at mobile phone nos. 0998-881-9500; 0915-375-2583.
Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC