What is the purpose of Early Registration?
Early registration ensures that all school-aged children and even the out-of-school youth (OSY) are in school with the end-goal of completing their basic education. Particularly, incoming Kinder and Grade 1 students must be registered to guarantee the enrollment of 5 to 6 year olds.
Early registration keeps and estimate of the incoming number of students per school year, which serves as basis for preparations to address potential gaps that may arise even before the regular enrollment in June.
This is also done in collaboration with the local government units, barangay officials, and parent-teacher associations to make the necessary adjustment and preparations for the coming opening of classes.
[alert heading=”Question:” type=”warning”]Who will be accepted as Kindergarten pupil in this school year 2015-2016? Read more here.[/alert]
Who can participate in the registration?
All students, especially incoming Kinder and Grade I students.
When is Early Registration?
The Early Registration date is on January 24 to February 27, 2015.
Where can I sign up for Early Registration?
There will be registration areas in all public elementary and secondary schools. Registration centers will also be set up in barangay ofices if there are many OSC/OSY within the area and if schools are far from the community.
What should I bring during registration?
The student’s Birth Certificate (BC). But if you are unable to produce a BC, you may submit it by June or anytime within the school year.
For old returning students, *please bring your report cards from the previous school year. If it is not available, a certification letter signed by the parent/guardian can be presented.
*Learners who have dropped out from elementary or secondary schools and who want to be enrolled in the formal system.
Remember! There are no fees required for the registration. But if you are going to get copies of your Birth certificate from NSO, there are corresponding fees from their agency.
What if the student is overage, can he/she still register?
Yes, the student can still register. Just bring his/her birth certificate for the verification of age. Most likely he/she will be under the Alternative Learning System (ALS).
How about those who have not gone to school for a long time and want to come back?
Yes, they are encouraged to register. Bring Birth certificate for verification of age.
Do SPED applicants need to be assesed before going to the registration?
No. Upon registration, there will be assessments of SPED applicants in every registration center.
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- With the theme Makapag-aral ay Karapatan Mo, Magpalista, the Department of Education (DepEd) declares January 24, 2015 as the commencement of Early Registration for the School Year (SY) 2015-2016 in all public elementary and secondary schools to achieve universal participation and completion of the cycle.
- With the support of local officials and civic organizations, a massive advocacy campaign to find children and youth in the communities not currently enrolled and bring them back to school shall be undertaken from January 24 to February 27, 2015.
- The following are the objectives of the early registration:
- To ensure that all 5-year old children are enrolled in kinder;
- To locate, identify and enroll out of school children and youth who may belong to the following:
- Children and youth in remote locations,
- Children and youth in difficult circumstances,
- Children and youth who belong to disadvantaged groups or who suffer from discrimination,
- Children and youth with disabilities;
- To understand the barriers to access to education and identify local interventions to bring them to school and ensure that they do not drop out.
- Schools are urged to come up with various activities such as house-to-house campaigns or meeting with local and barangay officials and civic organizations to help and locate children who should be in schools. Regional Offices and Schools Division Offices shall support school campaigns.
- Expenses related to the Early Registration Day shall be charged to local funds and other fund sources, as appropriate and as authorized and subject to existing accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
- For inquiries about the early registration, all concerned may contact the Office of the Undersecretary for Programs and Projects at 633-7202.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd.) BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
Encls.: As stated
Reference: DepEd Order: No. 89, 2012
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
ADMISSION or ENROLMENT