Attached herewith is DepEd Memorandum DM-PHRODFO-2020-00049 signed by Undersecretary Jesus L.R. Mateo on the Clarifications on the Applicable Hiring Guidelines for Teaching Positions in School Year (SY) 2020-2021.
Clarifications on the Applicable Hiring Guidelines for Teaching Positions in School Year (SY) 2020-2021
This is to advise you that the existing hiring guidelines for teaching positions in Kindergarten to Senior High School (SHS), as stipulated in the issuances enumerated below, shall remain effective until officially amended, revoked, rescinded, or modified through the issuance of a DepEd Order:
- DepEd Order No. 7, s. 2015, Hiring Guidelines for Teacher I Positions Effective School Year (SY) 2015-2016
- DepEd Order No. 22, s. 2015, Hiring Guidelines for the Remaining Teaching Positions Effective School YEAR (SY) 2015-2016
- DepEd Order No. 3, s. 2016, Hiring Guidelines for Senior High School (SHS) Teaching Positions Effective School Year (SY) 2016-2017
- DepEd Order No. 9, s. 2016, Reinforcement of DepEd Order Nos. 7 and 22, s. 2015 as the Hiring Guidelines for Kindergarten to Grade 10 Teaching Positions
- DepEd Order No. 32, s. 2016, Addendum to DepEd Order No. 3, s. 2016 (Hiring Guidelines for Senior High School (SHS) Teaching Positions Effective School Year (SY) 2016-2017
- DepEd Order No. 49, s. 2016, Guidelines on the Hiring of Contractual (Full-Time and Part-Time) Teachers in Senior High School
- DepEd Order No. 50, s. 2017, Hiring Guidelines for Teacher I Positions in Schools Implementing Indigenous Peoples Education Effective School Year 2016-2017
- DepEd Order No. 51, s. 2017, Amended Qualifications Standards for Senior High School Teaching Positions in the Technical-Vocational-Livelihood Track and Other Clarifications on the Hiring Guidelines
This clarification is made in response to the growing concerns and uncertainties that have been brought to the attention of this Office, particularly on the issue of the applicable hiring guidelines for teaching positions this coming school year (SY) 2020-2021. Said concerns have surfaced following the conduct of the capability building activities on the proposed policies on Recruitment, Selection, and Placement (RSP) last October 2019 to January 2020. As an update, the Department continues its efforts geared towards competency-based human resource by fast-tracking the approval and release of the Agency Merit Selection Plan (MSP), and specific hiring guidelines for all groups of positions.
In line with foregoing, appointing authorities/officers, members of the Human Resource Merit Promotion and Selection Board (HRMPSB), and other RSP implementors are hereby directed to observe the applicable DepEd guidelines in the conduct of their respective recruitment, selection, and hiring of teachers this SY 2020-2021.
For further inquiries and clarifications, please coordinate with Ms. Chanda Crisostoma or Ms. Sarah Bilag of the Bureau of Human Resource and Organization Development – Human Resource Development Division (BHROD-HRDD) through telephone number: (02) 8470-6630 or email address: [email protected]
For your reference and guidance.