June 28, 2016
DepEd Order No. 49, s. 2016
Guidelines on the Hiring of Contractual (Full-time and Part-time) Teachers in Senior High School
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
1. For the information and guidance of all concerned, the Department of Education (DepEd) issues the Guidelines on the Hiring of Contractual (Full-Time and Part-Time) Teachers in Senior High School (SHS). These are clarificatory guidelines on the appointment of teacher-applicants who are qualified to teach in SHSs on a contractual status, whether full-time or part-time.
2. In reference to DepEd Order (DO) No. 3, s. 2016 entitled Hiring Guidelines for Senior High School (SHS) Teaching Positions Effective School Year (SY) 2016-2017, the following provisions are reiterated and expounded:
a. As defined in the Civil Service Commission (CSC) Memorandum Circular No. 40, s. 1998, a contractual appointment is issued to a person who shall undertake a specific work or job for a limited period not to exceed one year. The appointing authority shall indicate the inclusive period covered by the appointment for purposes of crediting services.
b. As provided in Item X.1.iii (Determination of Rank and Salary to be Offered to Qualified Applicants) of the said DO, a contractual appointment may be given when:
i. The applicant obtains a rating of 70 and above but opts to have a contractual appointment (rather than a permanent or provisional one); or
ii. The applicant lacks the eligibility requirement (LET passer) but obtains a rating of between 65.00 and 69.99 and the Schools Division Office (SDO) has exhausted its Registry of Qualified Applicants (RQA) and has already appointed eligible applicants who obtained 65.00 to 69.99.
c. It is clarified that contractual appointments may either be full-time or part-time.
i. Those who are given full-time contractual appointments shall receive the full salary of the teaching rank for which they qualified and shall be given a regular teaching load weekly, that is, 30 hours teaching load with additional ten hours; hence, a total of 40 hours of work to complete the required work hours to be spent within or outside school premises.
ii. Those who are given part-time contractual appointments shall receive half the salary of the teaching rank for which they qualified and shall be given half of the regular teaching load weekly, that is, 15 hours teaching load with additional five hours; hence a total of 20 hours of work to complete the required work hours to be spent within or outside school premises.
iii. Contractual appointments shall not exceed one year.
a. Renewal for the following year shall be subject to performance evaluation using the Results-based Performance Management System (RPMS). The performance rating for the last rating period should be at least Very Satisfactory.
b. Those who wish to have a permanent or provisional status starting the following year should reapply and undergo the evaluation process again as provided in DO 3, s. 2016.
d. In reference to Item 3.11 (Compensation for Contractual Personnel) of the Department of Budget and Management (DBM) Manual on Position Classification and Compensation Manual, the following provisions are reiterated:
i. Compensation for part-time services shall be computed proportionately.
Example: An applicant qualified for a Teacher III position, with a part-time contractual status.
– Teacher III (SG 13 = P22,328)
– Salary: P11,164
– PERA = P1,000
ii. Contractual personnel shall be entitled to allowances received by regular personnel, including membership in the GSIS, health insurance, employees’ compensation insurance, membership in PAG-IBIG Fund, vacation and sick leaves and the monetization, and payment of terminal leave benefits.
iii. The contractual employees’ share in the GSIS retirement and life insurance premiums, health insurance premiums, employees compensation insurance premiums and PAG-IBIG Fund contributions shall be paid by the individual contractual employees.
e. In accomplishing CS Form 33 (Revised 1998) or the Plantilla Appointment Form for contractual appointments, SDOs should be guided by the following:
i. Employment Status should be written as either “Contractual (Full-time)” or “Contractual (Part-time)” as appropriate.
ii. The salary grade (SG) to be indicated after the position title shall be the SG of the teaching rank the applicant has qualified for, whether full-time or part-time.
iii. The inclusive period covered by the appointment shall be indicated for purposes of crediting services.
4. Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd)BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
(Sgd)ATTY. JUDITH DONGALLO-CHICANO
Director IV, CSC-NCR
- DO 3, s. 2016 – Hiring Guidelines for Senior High School (SHS) Teaching Positions Effective School Year (SY) 2016-2017
- Senior High School Teacher Hiring Guidelines FAQs
- Download: Senior High School SHS Teaching Guides
- Senior High School Electronic Class Program Tool for SY 2016-2017
- Senior High School Manual of Operations Volume One
[scribd id=316928105 key=key-JsQk5C6oMvrATHYTI8vN mode=scroll]