DepEd Requirements for Transfer of Teachers to Another School
March 15, 2018
DIVISION OF LEYTE
DIVISION MEMORANDUM No. 133 s., 2018
REITERATING REVISED GUIDELINES ON THE TRANSFER OF TEACHERS FROM ONE STATION TO ANOTHER
Assistant Schools Division Superintendents
Chief Education Supervisors
Education Program Supervisors
Senior Education Program Specialists
Education Program Specialists
Elementary & Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
1. In preparation for SY 2018-2019 opening of classes, Leyte Division management continues to promote the welfare of teachers who are qualified to transfer from one station to another. In doing so, this office reiterates the Revised Guidelines on the Transfer of Teachers from One Station to Another based on the provisions of DepEd Order No. 22, s. 2013, which must be observed by all schools in both elementary & secondary level.
2. Transfer of teachers from one station to another can be categorized into:
A. Teachers who are seeking transfer to another station which is in need of additional teachers;
B. Teachers to be transferred “in the exigency of service”
3. For teachers who are seeking for transfer to another station which is in need of additional teachers, the following situations should be given priority:
a. When teacher is declared excess by the SH and/ or his/her expertise/area of specialization is needed in another school/district/division;
b. The teacher has served for more than five years outside his/her home barangay/municipality;
c. The teacher is a bonafide resident of the barangay, municipality, city, or province where the school is located (RA 8190, Localization Law), as evidenced by the teacher’s Voter’s ID;
d. The teacher is joining his/her husband/wife in the same school (RA 4670);
e. She is a nursing mother (PD No. 603, Child and Youth Welfare Code);
f. The teacher’s life is in danger due to armed conflict, hostilities or other similar circumstances in the area where die school is located; or
g. He/She is in poor health condition, as evidence by pertinent medical records to that effect.
4. This office once again stresses 4.2 provision of DepEd Order No. 7, s. 2015 which says that “Upon a teacher’s appointment, assignment to station, and acceptance of the position, he or she shall not be transferred to another school until after rendering at least three (3) years of service in that school. ”
5. With the cited priority situations in paragraph 3, the office came up with corresponding points with slight modification on the output of the Seminar Workshop on the Ranking of Teachers (SWRTea) conducted last School Year 2016-2017, This is to objectively identify who among the candidates seeking for transfer to another station is most qualified, which has still to be implemented for SY 2018-2019 with the details below:
|a. When teacher is declared excess by the SH and/ or his/her expertise/area of specialization is needed in another school/district/division||Certification from the Schools Division Office signed by the SDS||10 points|
|b. The teacher has served for more than five (5) years outside his/her home barangay/ municipality||Service Record & Certification from the School Head||10 yrs up - 10 pts |
5-10 yrs - 5 pts
|c. The teacher is a bonafide resident of the barangay, municipality, city, or province where the school is located (RA 8190, Localization Law), as evidenced by the teacher’s Voter’s ID||Teacher’s Voter’s ID||Barangay level - 10 pts Municipality - 7 pts Provincial - 5 pts|
|d. The teacher is joining his/her husband/wife in the same school (RA 4670)||Marriage Contract||10 points|
|e. She is a nursing mother (PD No. 603, Child and Youth Welfare Code)||Birth Certificate of the child||1 yr & below - 10 pts|
2 yrs up - 5 pts
|f. The teacher’s life is in danger due to armed conflict, hostilities or other similar circumstances in the area where the school is located||Certification by the Department of National Defense||10 pts.|
|g. He/She is in poor health condition, as evidence by pertinent medical records to that effect.||Medical Certificate from the Division Medical Officer for ailments such as, but not limited to:|
6. To come up with a total of 100 points, the applicant’s IPCR Rating for SY 2017-2018 is given the remaining 30 points which is appreciated using the rubrics below:
4.5-5.0 = 30 pts.
3.5-4.4 = 20 pts.
2.5-3.4 = 15 pts.
Below 2.5 = 10 pts.
7. All applications with the supporting documents must be submitted by the applicant to the school they are applying for from May 1-10, 2018. The School Ranking Committee conducts the Evaluative Assessment of the documents employing the NEW DOORS (Nurturing Employees’ Welfare through the Division’s Objective Open Ranking System) on May 11, 2018 and plots the points obtained by the applicants guided by the Rubrics in this memorandum, and using the CAR-T Form 1-A for Elementary & CAR-7’ Form 1-B for the Secondary in the Enclosures “School Comparative Assessment Results (CAR) of Teacher-Transferee from One Station to Another, for SY 2018-2019”.
8. All School Heads must submit the CAR to the District Office on May 18,2018 for the District Ranking Committee in elementary and secondary to review and validate the entries respectively and for the concurrence of the District Head & the Education Program Supervisor In-Charge. The District Ranking Committee consolidates all the CAR-T Form 1-A & 1-B using CAR-T Form 2-A & 2-B respectively “Consolidated Comparative Assessment Results for Teacher-Transferees.”
9. The District Head prepares three (3) copies of the Consolidated Comparative Assessment Results, backed up by the all the School CARs for both elementary and secondary in his/her district, fastens them separately, have them signed by the concerned SDO Officials, and submits to the office of the SDS, HRMPSB Chair, and HRMO respectively within May 21-25, 2018. Please be guided that the office WON’T ACCEPT SUBMISSION OF THE SAID TEMPLATE BEYOND MAY 25, 2018.
10. On the other hand, transfer of teachers can likewise be effected “in the exigency of the service” which is to be determined by the top management as the situation demands like but not limited to transfer of teachers within the district who are below three (3) years caused by new teachers are to be deployed; and other situations which are deemed facilitative in the attainment of the SDO’s targets.
11. Immediate dissemination and strict compliance with this Memorandum is directed.
RONELO AL K. FIRMO, Ph.D., CESO V
Schools Division Superintendent
Download Deped Letter of Intent to Transfer
Click Here (Join our Facebook Discussion Group)