April 6, 2016
DepEd Order No. 20, s. 2016
Encoding, Housekeeping, and Updating of Status of Alternative Learning System (ALS) for Calendar Year (CY) 2015 and Abot-Alam Learner Profiles for CYs 2014 and 2015 on the Learner Information System (LIS)
Bureau and Service Directors
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
1. In line with the effort of the Department of Education (DepEd) to establish a complete and accurate database of learners, the Learner Information System (LIS) will be open from April 6 to May 15, 2016 to allow Encoding, Housekeeping, and Updating of Status of Alternative Learning System (ALS) for Calendar Year (CY) 2015 and Abot-Alam Learner Profiles for CYs 2014 and 2015 on the LIS. This is to address discrepancies in the reports submitted by the schools divisions vis-à-vis the actual data in the LIS, as well as to support the downloading of 2015 continuing funds for the implementation of Abot-Alam in 2016.
2. In this regard, all learning facilitators are requested to do the following:
a. Review and clean up Abot-Alam data that are currently in the LIS;
i. Tag all Abot-Alam learners who were not initially tagged as Abot-Alam at the time of the encoding/uploading in the LIS in the previous years;
ii. In cases where there were Abot-Alam Department of Education (DepEd) Procured implementers who previously requested DepEd Delivered implementers to encode their learners in the LIS on their behalf, the said DepEd Delivered implementers shall unenrol the learners so that the DepEd Procured implementers can enrol their own learners and tag them as Abot-Alam; and
iii. Regular ALS implementers who served learners who were mapped under Abot-Alam shall tag said learners as Abot-Alam.
b. Encode the data of all Abot-Alam learners enroled in ALS but are not yet registered in the LIS; and
c. Encode the data of all out of school youths (OSYs) mapped for basic education but not yet enroled. The Literacy Volunteer, Mobile Teacher or District ALS coordinator who conducted the mapping shall use the new LIS Form for Abot-Alam out of school children (OSC)/OSY Mapped for Basic Education.
3. For Items 2.b and 2.c on page 1, DepEd Procured Abot-Alam (Abot-Alam literacy volunteers) shall follow these steps:
a. Persons-in-charge of the Abot-Alam/ALS programs shall download the LIS Form for ALS DepEd-Procured and Partners CY 2015 Template from the LIS Help page or through this URL: lis.deped.gov.ph/help;
b. They shall fill-out the template with complete and accurate information on learners who have attended ALS programs for CYs 2014 and 2015; and
c. They shall submit the completed masterlist to the Division Education Program Supervisor for ALS. He or she shall then upload the completed masterlist and update the status of the learners in the LIS.
4. The schools division superintendents, through the School Governance and Operations Division – Planning and Research Units, and the Information Technology officers shall jointly provide technical assistance and resources, as necessary, to the schools to ensure compliance in uploading and housekeeping of Abot-Alam learners.
5. To meet the LIS target schedules, all personnel involved in the LIS at the school district and schools division levels are allowed to render overtime (OT) services during weekdays, weekends and holidays when necessary. At the school level, these OT services can be converted to service credits.
6. For more information and clarifications, all concerned may contact the Abot-Alam Secretariat at telephone no. (02) 637-9814, and LIS HelpDesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd.) BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
- DO 17, s. 2016 – Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act (RA) No. 9083 (An Act Establishing the Sta. Rosa Science and Technology High School in Sta. Rosa, Laguna and Appropriating Funds Therefor)
- DO 18, s. 2016 – Policies and Guidelines on the Implementation of the Government Assistance to Students and Teachers in Private Education (GASTPE) Program Effective School Year 2016-2017
- DO 19, s. 2016 – Guidelines on the Organizational Structures and Staffing Patterns of Stand-alone and Integrated Public Senior High Schools (SHS)
- DM 60, s. 2016 – Guidelines on the DepEd National Uniforms for Teaching and Non-Teaching Personnel