DepEd MEMORANDUM No. 137, s. 2015
DISSEMINATION OF COMELEC RESOLUTION NO. 10003
(Rules and Regulations on Local Absentee Voting in Connection With the May 9, 2016 National and Local Elections)
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
- For the information and guidance of all concerned, enclosed is a copy of the Commission on Elections (COMELEC) Resolution No. 10003 dated October 14, 2015 entitled Rules and Regulations on Local Absentee Voting in Connection With the May 9, 2016 National and Local Elections.
- Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
[scribd id=301464040 key=key-aZHHP28wghnDWnrOBy03 mode=scroll]
Per DepEd Memorandum No. 137, s. 2015 and COMELEC Resolution No. 10003, the details on application for local absentee voting as follows:
- COMELEC Resolution No. 10003 defines local absentee voting (LAV) as a system of voting whereby government officials and employees, including members of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), and the Philippine National Police (PNP) as well as members of the media, media practitioners including their technical and support staff (media voters) who are duly registered voters, are allowed to vote for national positions; i.e., President, Vice-President, Senators and Party-List Representatives, in places where they are not registered voters but where they are temporarily assigned to perform election duties on election day, or in case of media voters, they will not be able to vote due to the performance of their functions in covering and reporting on the elections.
- DepEd teaching and non-teaching personnel may apply for LAV not later than March 07, 2016 before the Schools Division Superintendent using the LAV Form No. 01. This form must be accomplished and submitted under oath. Copy of which is attached.
- Applicants shall be notified through letter the status of application on or before April 15, 2016.
- LAV shall be from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM of April 27, 28, and 29, 2016 at a designated voting place. Only those who have approved application shall be allowed to vote. And only the positions of President, Vice-President, Senators and Party-List Representative shall be voted for under the local absentee voting.