For the information and guidance of all concerned, attached is letter dated January 15, 2020, from Dr. Eladio H. Escolano, Principal IV, Ramon Magsaysay (Cubao) High School this division, re Admission Test for incoming Grade 7 Students in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Program, contents of which are self-explanatory.
CONDUCT OF ADMISSION TEST FOR INCOMING GRADE 7 STUDENTS in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Program (STEM).in Junior High School of RAMON MAGSAYSAY (CUBAO) HIGH SCHOOL FOR INCOMING GRADE 7 STUDENTS FOR S.Y. 2020-2021
Greetings of love and peace!
We are pleased to inform you that the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) Program is being offered in our Junior High here in Ramon Magsaysay (Cubao) High School, the only high school in Quezon City recognized by the DOST ( Department of Science and Technology ) to offer said curriculum. In adherence to the DepEd Order No. 55 s. of 2010 on Policies and Guidelines on Strengthening Science and Mathematics Education in the Secondary level, we would be administering the Admission Test to incoming Grade 7 students on the following dates along with the requirements:
- February 1, 2020 (Saturday) 7:00AM
- February 29, 2020 (Saturday) 7:00 AM
- March 28, 2020 (Saturday) 7:00AM
Ramon Magsaysay (Cubao) High School Entrance Exam for S.Y. 2020-2021 Requirements
- PSA Birth Certificate (xerox)
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- FORM 138- Final Grade of 85 % or better in Science, English & Math and 83% in the rest of the subjects without grade lower than 80% in any grading period.
- Two (2) identical recent 1.5X 1.5 ID pictures.
- 1 long brown envelope
In this light, we would like to ask approval from your good office to allow us to conduct the aforementioned activity and requesting for the issuance of memorandum announcing the conduct of the Admission Test. Attached is the DIVISION MEMORANDUM on the CONDUCT OF ADMISSION TEST FOR INCOMING GRADE 7 STUDENTS in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Program (STEM).
We hope to merit your favorable response to this request. Thank you and more power.
Very truly yours,
DR. ELADIO H. ESCOLANO
Ramon Magsaysay (Cubao) High School Entrance Exam for S.Y. 2020-2021
1. For the information and guidance of all concerned, the Admission Test for incoming Grade 7 students in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Program in Junior High School of Ramon Magsaysay (Cubao) High School will be administered on the following dates:
- February 1, 2020 (Saturday) 7:00AM
- February 29, 2020 (Saturday) 7:00AM March 28, 2020 (Saturday) 7:00AM
2. Grade 6 elementary pupil from the public and private schools in Quezon City this school year are qualified to apply provided they meet the qualifications. Enclosed are the guidelines for admission and the forms to be accomplished.
3. All required documents should be properly accomplished and submitted on February 1, 2020 onwards to the School Examination Committee headed by the School Principal as Chairman and Science Department Head as Assistant Chairman. The Science, English and Mathematics Master Teachers/Department Heads shall serve as members of the team.
4. The conduct of Examination shall be supervised by the School Head and Department Heads of Science, English and Mathematics.
5. Teaching personnel who will serve as Room Supervisors, Room Examiners and Proctors during the Examination are entitled for one (1) day service credit while Non-Teaching Personnel are entitled to Compensatory Time Out (CTO).
6. Immediate dissemination of the contents of this Memorandum is desired.
Ramon Magsaysay (Cubao) High School Entrance Exam for S.Y. 2020-2021 Guidelines and Documentary Requirements
1. A bonafide Grade 6 elementary pupil in any public or private school of Quezon City.
2. Has a final grade of 85% or better in Science, English and Mathematics and 83% in the rest of the subjects without grade lower than 80% in any grading period.
3. Must be healthy and fit to undergo rigorous academic program.
4. Must be of good moral character and have never been involved in any school violation.
5. The following are the requirements for the Admission Test:
a. Fully accomplished application form in 2 copies (School & student’s copy)
b. Certified true copy of Form 138 (Report Card) with grades for the 1st and 2nd Grading for January entrance test, 1st to 3rd Grading for February entrance test and 1st to 4th and Final Grading for March entrance test.
c. Xerox Copy of Birth Certificate (PSA)
d. Certificate of Good Moral Character (original)
e. Two (2) identical recent 1.5 x 1.5 ID pictures
f. 1 long brown envelope for your documents
6. The Admission Test will be administered on the following dates;
a. February 1 (Saturday) 7:00AM
b. February 29 (Saturday) 7:00AM
c. March 28 (Saturday) 7:00AM
7. There will be two (2) parts of the test; Part I- Proficiency Test consist of Science, English and Mathematics while Part II will be the oral interview.
8. Application forms are available at the Science Center/ Staff Room/Guidance Office.
9. Duly signed and accomplished forms shall be submitted to Science Department of Ramon Magsaysay (Cubao) High School no later than February 1, 2020.
10. The result of the Admission Test will be posted at the bulletin board of Ramon Magsaysay (Cubao) HS on April 13 (Monday), 2020