Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
1. The Department of Health (DOH), in coordination with the Department of Education (DepEd) through the Health and Nutrition Center (HNC), successfully conducted the National School Deworming Day (NSDD 1) 2015 on July 29, 2015. As a follow-up, the Second Round of National School Deworming Day (NSDD 2) for School Year (SY) 2015-2016 will be held on January 27, 2016.
2. The NSDD aims to increase the number of dewormed school children to ensure that more children shall be spared from helminthiasis or parasitism for better health and school performance.
3. The guidelines on the implementation of the NSSD were already issued through DepEd Memorandum No. 80, s. 2015 entitled Guidelines on the Implementation of the National School Deworming Day (NSDD).
4. All regional directors, schools division superintendents and school heads ere encouraged to ensure the successful implementation of this NSDD. The DepEd and DOH health personnel and local government units shall make joint efforts to achieve the NSDD’s goal.
5. For more information, all concerned may contact either Mr. Edgardo Erce, Noional Deworming Coordinator, Department of Health (DOH), Sta. Cruz, Manila at mobile phone no. 0999-789-1400 or Ms. Loida B. Ramos, Supervising Health Program Officer School Health Division-Bureau of Learner Support Services (SHD-BLSS), Department of Education (DepEd) Central Office, 4th Floor, Dorm E, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at mobile phone no. 0923-563-1583.
6. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
Bro. Armin A. Luistro FSC