Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES) 2015
The Department of Education (DepEd) is now accepting applications for the Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES) 2015.
The Special Program for Employment of Students (SPES) is a program created under Republic Act 7323, series of 1999, as amended by Republic Act 9547 which seeks to encourage employment during summer, through incentives granted by the Department of Education and the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE).
Qualifications for acceptance as a SPES trainee:
- Students/out-of-school youth who are at least 18 years old but not more than 25 years old;
- He/she must be enrolled this school year (in-school) or if not, must have intention to enroll next school year (out-of-school)’
- The combined annual net income of both parents, including his/her own income, if any, must not exceed P143,000;
- Students must have obtained at least an average passing grade during the last school year / term attended;
- Applicants must possess office skills (priority will be given to those with computer related skills).
The following requirements must be accomplished:
- SPES Application form (Download the official SPES application form below);
- Birth Certificate / baptismal certificate (certified true copy / NSO);
- Income tax returns of both parents. If the parents are non-filers of ITR, (1) an affidavit, certified by the BIR, stating the annual net income of both parents does not exceed P143,000, or Barangay Certification as to the economic status of applicant’s family, must be produced;
- For college students: Recent grades and school registration preferably in the second semester;
- For out-of-school youth (OSY): provide grades available before dropping out of school or a certificate of indigence issued by the Barangay, stating where the OSY resides.
SPES 2015 trainees will be employed for 30 working days under the supervision of the SPES 2015 Secretariat, which is located in the DepEd Central Office.
The application period is from March 25, 2015 to March 27, 2015, and March 30, 2015 to March 31, 2015 from 9:00 A.M. to 6:00P.M., Wednesday to Friday and Monday to Tuesday, respectively.
You may send your certified true copy of documents, enclosed in a brown envelope with your name and date of submission, to Special Program for the Employment of Students Secretariat at the Office of the Undersecretary for Regional Operations DepEd Complex, Meralco Ave., Pasig City.
Submission and further details, all concerned may contact the Special Program for the Employment of Students Secretariat at the Office of the Undersecretary for Regional Operations at (02) 633-53-75 or (02) 637-72-03.