DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
OFFICE OF THE UNDERSECRETARY
FOR REGIONAL OPERATIONS
Central Office Directors
Heads of Offices/Divisions
All Others Concerned
RIZALINO D. RIVERA
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM GUIDELINES FOR DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION CENTRAL OFFICE TRAINEES
Guided by the provision of RA 7722, otherwise known as the Higher Education Act of 1994, and CMO No. 23, s. 2009, on The Guidelines for Student Internship Program in the Philippines (SIPP) for all Programs with Practician Subject, this Office issues the following guidelines to be adhered by all programs with practicum subject interested to undergo internship program in the Department of Education Central Office.
The guidelines aim to standardize and professionalize the DepEd internship process, enhancing the trainees’ work competencies and encouraging more young people to work for the government.
All intern applicants must be enrolled in a Philippine Higher Education Institution and must comply with the following requirements:
- At least 18 years old;
- Enrolled in practicum or equivalent subject;
- In good academic standing and completed all pre-requisite subjects;
- Must be physically, mentally, and emotionally fit; and
- Has consent from parent/ guardian.
The duration of the Department of Education internship program shall be in accordance with the approved curriculum of the requesting Higher Educational Institution.
Guidelines in the Internship Program
Step 1: Document Processing
The applicant for internship should submit the following documents to the internship secretariat:
- Letter of application from the Higher Educational Institution slating the terms of reference, scope and guidelines of the internship program of the school
- Evaluation Sheet from the Higher Educational Institution
- Certificate of Registration from the Higher Educational Institution certifying that the applicant is enrolled to a practicum subject
- Recommendation letter from the Higher Educational Institution ® Curriculum Vitae
- Internship Application Form (See enclosure no. 1)
Step 2: Paper Screening
The documents submitted will be screened by the internship secretariat based on tire competencies and the profile of the applicant.
The documents of the qualified applicants will be forwarded to the offices where they qualified.
Step 3: Interview Screening
Qualified applicants will be called for an interview to the office where they qualified.
Step 4: Pre-Assignment
Once accepted, a brief orientation on the tasks, functions and duties of tire interns will be conducted. The terms of tire internship shall also be discussed, to be followed by the signing of the waiver.
Step 5: Internship Proper
The intern is expected to report to his/her assigned office and to deliver the tasks which are delegated to him/her.
At the end of the internship period, the intern must submit the following documents:
- DepEd Internship Evaluation Form
- Accomplished Internship Journal
- Consolidated Accomplishment Report
- Time card accomplishing the agreed number of hours
Upon the intern’s submission of all the evaluation documents, the Department of Education will provide the interns with the following documents, within 2 weeks after the internship period:
- Certificate of completion
- Duly accomplished Intern Evaluation Sheet
- Other pertinent reports, information, and or/documents which may be included for purposes of describing student performances
Attached are the following documents:
- Internship Application Form (Enclosure no. 1)
- Employer Assessment Form (Enclosure no. 2)
- Intern Assessment Form (Enclosure no. 3)
The Office of the Undersecretary for Regional Operations, Student Internship Secretariat shall facilitate the application, monitoring and evaluation process of the interns in coordination with the concerned DepEd offices. For more inquiries, contact Mr. Christian Taduran at (02) 633-5375 or email at [email protected]
For immediate dissemination.
- Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES) 2015
- Call for Applications to the Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES) 2016
[scribd id=305225891 key=key-SheRgqCUlgPEJCDgX76L mode=scroll]
[scribd id=305225892 key=key-RGAejQZhsE1K5QWmt0Mu mode=scroll]
[scribd id=305225890 key=key-atck0XCpC32Mdiun4w87 mode=scroll]