Pursuant to DepEd Memorandum No. 98, s. 2017, Emergency Measures in Response to the Marawi Situation, the External Partnerships Service (EPS) is continuously engaging the private sector in raising support for displaced learners and teachers due to the insurgency in Marawi.
In line with this, TeacherPH hereby enjoined all elementary and secondary schools to mobilize support from private sectors to provide the immediate needs of the learners and teachers in Marawi. Attached with this post is the unnumbered DepEd Memorandum for other details regarding mobilization of support for Marawi.
FOR: Regional Directors and Schools Division Superintendents or Regions I, II, III, IVA, IVB, V, VI, VII, CAR, NIR and NCR & ALLConcerned Personnel
FROM: Tonisito M.C. Umali, Esq.
Partnerships and External Linkages
June 21, 2017
Mobilization of Support for Marawi
1. Pursuant to DepEd Memorandum No. 98, s. 2017, Emergency Measures in Response to the Marawi Situation, the External Partnerships Service (EPS) is continuously engaging the private sector in raising support for displaced learners and teachers, due to the insurgency in Marawi.
2. According to Autonomous Region for Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) Education Secretary John Magno, an estimated 22,222 learners, 2,205 teachers and 87 public schools were affected by the ongoing conflict in the area.
3. Acknowledging the effort of all concerned institutions, organizations and individuals, the EPS is also engaging and coordinating with the public sector and DepEd field offices to ensure efficient, generation and mobilization of resources.
4. In coordination with the Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Service (DRRMS), the Regional and Schools Division Offices (ROs and SDOs) arc enjoined to mobilize support to provide the immediate needs of learners and teachers such as Teachers’ Kits, Learners’ Kits, Cleaning Kits, Instructional Materials, Chairs and Tents. Attached herewith are the itemized list of the content of the said kits.
5. The following resources are assigned per region:
|I and II||Learners’ Kit|
|III and VII||Teacher’s Kit|
|IVA and IVB||Health and Hygiene Kit|
|V and VI||Standard Cleaning Sit|
|VIII and NIR||Teachers Instructional Materials|
|NCR & CAR||First Aid Kit & Slippers|
6. The ROs and SDOs shall place drop boxes in Lheir respective offices or conduct other activities to generate the assigned donations in-kind. The collection period shall be on June 27 to July 7, 2017.
7. Further, the ROs and SDOs shall directly send the donations in the address started below starting July 10, 2017:
Iligan City National High School
Gen. Wood St., corner Roxas Ave.,
Barangay Mahayhay, Iligan City
8. For proper recording and to ensure that donations arE accounted for, the attached Report Template must be accomplished and sent to EPS through fax at (02) 637-6462 or email the soft copy and scanned document to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. For clarifications or concerns, the EPS may be reached at telephone numbers (02) 638-8637 and (02) 638-8639.
9. Immediate dissemination and compliance of this Memorandum is desired.