Table of Contents
Department of Education
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Governance and Operations
OFFICE ADVISORY OA-GO-2016-GOA-004
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary and Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
JESUS L.R. MATEO
Updates on the 2016 Principals’ Test
With reference to DepEd Memorandum (DM) No. 80, s. 2016 dated May 17, 2016 on the conduct of 2016 Principals’ Test, the National Technical Working Group hereby provides updates on the application process.
1. More than 20,000 online application forms and documents were received by the Regional Technical Working Groups led by the Regional Office – Quality Assurance Division (RO-QAD). The deadline for Steps 2 and 3 was July 2, 2016 at 12 noon. As stipulated in the DM 80, s. 2016, only the applications of those who answered the online application form along with the complete documentary requirements within the application period shall be processed.
2. Due to technical concerns encountered in some regions during Step 4: Validation Phase, the ROs are directed to release a regional memorandum indicating the list of validated applicants (without the tracking number) per division on or before July 23, 2016 (Saturday). The RO-QAD shall send a copy of the said memorandum to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Once the regional memorandum has been released, applicants may now proceed by accomplishing the following on or before August 12, 2016:
1. Submit 2 pcs. of identical 2 x 2 ID picture with name tag and signature at the back taken within the last three months to the SDO.
2. Pay the registration fee of Five Hundred Pesos (P500) to the SDO Cashier (SDO shall only issue an acknowledgement receipt).
a. The SDO Cashier shall then remit the collected registration fees to the RO Cashier and the SDO Personnel Section shall submit all the 2×2 pictures to the RO-QAD on or before August 16,2016.
b. The RO Cashier shall issue the individual official receipts with the unique tracking code addressed to the examinee. This shall be given to all test takers through the SDOs before August 31, 2016. The official receipt from the RO shall serve as the exam permit.
c. For the guidance of the RO and SDO personnel and cashiers, the breakdown of the registration fee is as follows:
– Four Hundred Ninety Pesos (P 490.00) is for the operating expenses
– Ten Pesos (P10.00) is for the Legal Research Fund as stipulated in DepEd Order No. 14, s.2015. The remittance to Bureau of Treasury is stipulated in the said order.
4. As announced in DM 80, s. 2016 and subsequently in Office Advisory No. OA-GO-2016-GOA-003, the examination will be on November 6, 2016. The regional testing centers will be announced later.
5. The National Technical Working Group would like to reiterate that NEAP and BHROD value the credibility and integrity of the examination; they are NOT, in any way, affiliated with individuals or institutions offering and providing review sessions or materials. Test applicants are warned against individuals or organizations that claim to have access to the content of the examination. Applicants, individuals or organizations who will have direct or indirect request for test content and/or perform an act of bribery (monetary or gifts) to CO, RO and SDO employees will be subjected to investigation and/or filing of corresponding administrative case. Should there be any cases encountered, please report them directly to email@example.com.
6. SDQs, through the Human Resource Development Section, are STRONGLY encouraged to help prepare the applicants through:
a. formation of support groups similar to Learning Action Cells mentored by high performing school heads;
b. familiarizing applicants with the school processes, operations, reports, challenges and actual scenarios faced by the school heads;
c. organizing immersion opportunities on school processes and operations in different school typologies.
All initiatives and activities shall be strictly free of charge and shall not be conducted during class/office hours. Division INSET funds may be used for meals and materials reproduction subject to the usual accounting rules and regulations.
|Region||Contact Numbers||Region||Contact Numbers|
|4A||(02)682-6941||10||(088)880-7072 local 229|
7. Clarifications, on the validated list of names shall be directed to RO-QAD. Kindly contact the respective regional offices.
Please be guided accordingly.