October 18, 2017
DepEd Memorandum No. 159, s. 2017
SUBMISSION OF W.A.T.C.H CLUB AND OTHER W.A.T.C.H. SCHOOL REPORTS
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
1. To strengthen the values of punctuality and honesty in the Department of Education (DepEd), the Department has issued DepEd Memorandum No. 410, s. 2009 entitled Guidelines on the Establishment of a W.A.T.C.H. School (We Advocate Time Consciousness and Honesty).
2. Pursuant to Administrative Order No. 255 and Presidential Proclamation No. 1782, signed by former President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo Declaring the Month of June as W.A.T.C.H. Month, the major goal of the program is to push forward the recognition of punctuality and honesty as two core values in promoting renewal and development. Relative to this, the first National Summit was held at the Baguio Teachers Camp, Baguio City from August 14 to 17, 2015.
3. The schedule of activities for the 2017 W.A.T.C.H. implementation are as follows:
|Submission of All Entries||October 30, 2017|
|Validation of 2017 Best Project W.A.T.C.H. Implementer||October 30-November 30, 2017|
|Conduct of Project W.A.T.C.H. National Awarding Ceremonies||December 14, 2017|
4. To attain this goal, all W.A.T.C.H.-advocates are enjoined to submit their reports on W.A.T.C.H. Clubs and other accomplishments in preparation for the upcoming search for the Best W.A.T.C.H. School. All supporting documents such as certifications, pictures, programs, and narrative report of accomplishments shall be submitted to Atty. Tonisito M. C. Umali, Assistant Secretary, DepEd Central Office, Attention: External Partnership Service-Special Events Unit (EPS-SEU).
5. For inquiries, all concerned may contact Mr. Romeo B. Parayno, Head, EPS-SEU, Department of Education (DepEd) Central Office, Ground Floor, Teodora Alonzo Building, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telephone nos. (02) 637-5832 or (02) 637-5834 or through mobile phone no. 0922-463-6626.
6. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES