The DepEd Balik Kasaysayan Program was conceptualized and served as a catch-up program after the Department of Education (DepEd), specifically the Bureau of Learning Delivery, Teaching and Learning Division (BLD-TLD) received feedbacks from different K to 12 BEP Implementation Training for Grades 4, 5, and 6 regarding the ideal approach and methodology of teaching Araling Panlipunan 4, Philippines and and Araling Panlipunan 5 and 6, Philippine History.
The program was also made to address the issues on Araling Panlipunan Resource Book for Grade 3 which resulted in nonavailability of appropriate Grade 3 Learner’s Material and Resource Books that were supposed to be used as reference materials of learners and teachers for the teaching and learning process in Araling Panlipunan 3. This program also paves way to address the issues concerning nationalism and patriotism of Filipino learners and teachers.
With this program, the Department of Education (DepEd) will obtain its vision where “We dream of Filipinos who passionately love their country and whose values and competencies enable them to realize their full potential and contribute meaningfully to building the nation” and thus fulfilling and making education really liberating.
Table of Contents
Strengthen the patriotism and nationalism of Filipino teachers and learners through learning, understanding, and appreciating history (local, national, and the world)
Deepened awareness on the local (national and international if possible) history, culture, and arts that contribute meaningfully in strengthening of Filipino learners’ patriotism and nationalism.
- All schools will produce and will have a collection of functional teaching and learning resources and reference materials (reading materials, reference materials and Detailed Lesson Plans on local and national (Asia and world if possible) history, culture, and arts which are based on primary sources and are accessible to all teachers and learners
- Regions/Divisions/Schools are implementing the policy on Balik Kasaysayan
- No. of schools produced and have a collection of functional teaching and learning resources and reference materials (reading materials, reference materials and Detailed Lesson Plans on local and national (Asia and world if possible) history, culture, and arts which are based on primary sources and are accessible to all teachers and learners
- No. of schools are implementing the policy on Balik Kasaysayan
This program aims to respond to the needs of the Department of Education in relation to the Local and National History of the Philippines and the World, which when understood, will contribute to strengthened nationalism and patriotism of both teachers and learners. Specific objectives of the program are as follows:
- Expand teachers’ knowledge on the content of Araling Panlipunan (local, national, and international history) to strengthen Filipino nationalism and patriotism;
- Identify essential approaches and methodologies for effective instructional delivery in Araling Panlipunan, highlighting the essence on patriotism and nationalism;
- Provide technical assistance to Araling Panlipunan Supervisors and Teachers in teaching Araling Panlipunan inside and outside the classroom;
- Provide opportunity for exchanging ideas and best practices in teaching and learning Araling Panlipunan where history plays an important role; and
- Encourage the practice of research for a continuous improvement of teaching and learning process.
Name: Anna Lourdes Falcon
Email Address: email@example.com
Mobile Number: 09176334271
Landline: (02) 8687-2948