Attached herewith is OUA Memorandum Number 01-0120-0609 dated January 30, 2020, signed by Undersecretary Alain Del B. Pascua on the Synchronized Supreme Pupil Government (SPG) and Supreme Student Government (SSG) Elections for School Year 2020-2021.
Table of Contents
SYNCHRONIZED SUPREME PUPIL GOVERNMENT (SPG) AND SUPREME STUDENT GOVERNMENT (SSG) ELECTIONS FOR SCHOOL YEAR 2020-2021
Pursuant to Department of Education (DepEd) Order No. 47, s. 2014 entitled “Constitution and By-Laws of the Supreme Pupil Government (SPG) and Supreme Student Governments (SSG) in Elementary and Secondary Schools” and DepEd Order No. 11, s. 2016 entitled “Additional Guidelines to DepEd Order No. 47 s. 2014”, the following shall be observed during the elections for the SPG/SSG officers for School Year 2020-2021:
|Activities (Facilitated by the SPG/SSG COMELEC)||Date|
|Filling of Candidacy||February 3, 2020|
|Evaluation of Certificate of Candidacy (COC) vis-a-vis Qualifications and Disqualifications||February 5, 2020|
|Announcement of the Official List of Candidates||February 6, 2020|
– Presidential Election Forum
– Campus-wide Presidential and Vice Presidential Debates
|February 12-13, 2020|
|Elections||February 14, 2020|
|Proclamation of Winners||February 14, 2020|
|Nomination of SPG Adviser||February 17-18, 2020|
|Oath taking Ceremony||February 21, 2020|
|Election of Division Federation Officers||March 9, 2020|
|Election of Regional Federation Officers||March 23, 2020|
Supreme Pupil/Student Government Automated Election System (SPG/SSG-AES)
All schools are encouraged to use the Automated Election System developed in partnership with the Information and Communications Technology Service (ICTS). Regional and Division Information Technology Officers and Youth Formation Coordinators shall work together to ensure the smooth implementation of the election.
The following are the specific responsibilities in line with the synchronized SPG and SSG elections:
- The School Head (SH), upon the proposal of the members of the SPG/SSG Commission on Elections (COMELEC) with the recommendation of the SPG/SSG COMELEC Chairperson, may also issue additional guidelines on the SPG/SSG COMELEC Standard Election Code consistent with the Constitution and By-Laws of the SPG and SSG in elementary and secondary schools, to ensure the fair and successful conduct of the elections.
- The SGOD Chief and the Division Youth Formation Coordinator (PDO I) shall conduct the election of the Division Federation of SPG and SSG Officers on March 9, 2020 and shall submit to the Youth Formation Division (YFD) the result of the Division Federation elections using the attached Enclosure No. 1.
- The Regional ESSD Chief and the Regional Youth Formation Focal Person (PDO IV) shall conduct the election of the Regional Federation of SPG and SSG Officers on March 23, 2020 and shall submit to YFD the result of the Regional Federation elections using the attached Enclosure No. 2.
- The elected SPG/SSG officers during the oath taking ceremony shall undergo a parallel school-based training on basic skills of leadership, roles, functions, and responsibilities of each office using the modules of the Student Leadership Development Program (SLDP) and Nation of Heroes. The newly-nominated SPG/SSG Adviser shall supervise the implementation of the said training, in cooperation with the previous SPG/SSG officers and adviser.
Expenses to be incurred shall be charged to school MOOE, subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations. All plans and programs of the SPG/SSG shall be incorporated in the School Improvement Plan and Annual Improvement Plan.
The Youth Formation Division, under the Bureau of Learner Support Services, shall monitor the conduct of the elections and the formulation and implementation of the programs and projects to strengthen the SPG/SSG.
All Regional Directors (RD) and Schools Division Superintendents (SDS) shall support and monitor the implementation of the elections and the programs and projects of the SPGs and SSGs.
The following documents are enclosed for reference:
Enclosure No. 1 – Directory of Division Federation Officers
Enclosure No. 2 – Directory of Regional Federation Officers
Enclosure No. 3 – Elections Application Packet
Enclosure No. 4 – Parental Consent Form for SPG/SSG Candidates
Enclosure No. 5 – Certificate of Candidacy for the SPG
Enclosure No. 6 – Certificate of Candidacy for the SSG
For more information, all concerned may contact the Bureau of Learner Support Services-Youth Formation Division (BLSS-YFD) at (02) 8637-9814 or through email firstname.lastname@example.org
For strict compliance.
ALAIN DEL B. PASCUA