August 31, 2016
DepEd Memorandum No. 136, s. 2016
National Forum for Eco-Schools and Eco-Cities: Challenges and Opportunities for Upscaling
Bureau and Service Directors
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division Superintendents
All Others Concerned
1. The Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR), through the Environment Management Bureau (EMB), in cooperation with the Department of Education (DepEd), and other government and private sector partners, will conduct the National Forum for Eco-Schools and Eco-Cities: Challenges and Opportunities for Upscaling from August 31 to September 2, 2016 at the Grand Menseng Hotel, Magallanes Street, Davao City. This is in response to Republic Act No. 9512 also known as the National Environment Awareness and Education Act of 2008.
2. The Forum aims to:
a. discuss to the participants the ways to heighten the mentoring by environmentally-sustainable cities/schools in the build-up of more sustainable and eco-friendly schools; and
b. develop an informal network of eco-schools and eco-cities for the continuing sharing and upscaling of best practices.
3. The participants are the selected regional directors and one principal or representative from the national winning schools of the elementary and secondary schools categories of the 2009, 2011, 2013 and 2015 National Search for Sustainable and Eco-Friendly Schools.
4. Travel and other related expenses of the participants shall be charged to local funds, subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations. DENR will cover the costs of hotel accommodation from 2:00 p.m. of August 30 to morning of September 3, 2016.
5.Enclosed are the rationale, program, confirmation slip, and list of the participants.
6. For more information, all concerned may contact the Department of Environment and Natural Resources-Environment and Management Bureau (DENR-EMB) Environmental Education and Information Division at telefax no. (02) 928-4674 or email at email@example.com.
7. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES