September 01, 2016
DepEd Memorandum No. 137, s. 2016
Orientation-Workshop for Youth Formation Program Coordinators of the Regional and Schools Division Offices
1. The Department of Education (DepEd), through the Bureau of Learner Support Services Youth Formation Division (BLSS-YFD), will conduct the Orientation-Workshop for Youth Formation Program (YFP) Coordinators at the Regional and Schools Division Offices from October 3 to 4, 2016 at the Tanza Oasis Hotel and Resort, Tanza, Cavite. This is pursuant to DepEd Order (DO) No. 52, s. 2015 entitled New Organizational Structures of the Central, Regional and Schools Division Offices of the Department of Education; DO 19, s. 2016 entitled Guidelines on the Organizational Structures and Staffing Patterns of Stand-Alone and Integrated Public Senior High Schools (SHS); and DO 11, s. 2016 entitled Additional Guidelines to DepEd Order 47, s. 2014 which clearly and explicitly stated the roles and functions of the BLSS-YFD.
2. The Orientation-Workshop aims to establish a representative body that fosters its programs through the different levels of governance and making its programs visible, feasible and experienced by its clienteles. Specifically, this activity aims to:
a. enable the participants to present their duties and responsibilities as field counterparts of BLSS-YFD for the effective implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the programs and projects;
b. discuss possible programs and projects to address the needs of the learners in their respective regions and schools divisions;
c. formulate strategies for better planning and implementation of the programs, and fast tracking of important data needed; and
d. demonstrate concrete understanding and appreciation towards the organization, its mission, functions, programs and projects, and directions.
3. The participants to the Orientation-Workshop are as follows:
a. BLSS-YFD personnel;
b. Bureau of Human Resource and Organizational Development (BHROD) representatives;
c. National Educators Academy of the Philippines-Central Office (NEAP-CO) representatives;
d. One regional designated YFP coordinator; and
e. One division designated YFP coordinator.
5. All regions and schools divisions are urgently requested to submit the names of the participants through email at [email protected] on or before September 16, 2016.
6. The training costs, which covers board and lodging, honoraria of resource speakers, supplies and materials, and other incidental expenses shall be charged to OSec Funds, while the travel expenses of participants shall be charged to local funds. All expenses are subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
8. Enclosed is the program of activities for reference.
9. For more information, all concerned may contact the Bureau of Learner Support Services-Youth Formation Division (BLSS-YFD), Department of Education (DepEd) Central Office, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telephone no. (02) 633-7232 or through email address: [email protected]
10. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES