This memorandum supersedes the DepEd Memo from Office of the Undersecretary for Curriculum and Instruction numbered DM-CI-2019-00-011 dated January 14, 2019, with a subject Training Program for Newly-hired Teachers (DOST Scholars under RA 10612).
The PNU in partnership with the National Network of Normal Schools (3NS) will be* conducting a 3-day face-to-face training program that aims for the participants to:
a. demonstrate an understanding of the pedagogy and technology for teaching and assessment appropriate for the 21st Century learners;
b. design a lesson in the discipline that shows use of the 21st century pedagogy, assessment and technology;
c. demonstrate effective use of the teaching and assessment approaches and technology for the 21st century learners; and
d. evaluate the effectiveness of the different approaches and technologies in teaching and assessment in improving students’ learning
Participants are requested to bring sample lesson plan/lesson log, curriculum guide, laptop, other reference materials, extension cord, and pocket wifi. These materials will be used for the training and for the ePortfolio exhibit on the last day of the training.
DepEd Memo DM-CI-2019-00-011, list of participants and tentative Program of Activities are enclosed for your reference. DOST Scholars who were not included in the list will join Batch 2.
The details of the training are below:
|Cluster/Region||Venue/Host Institution||Email Address of Host Institution||Date|
|CAR, I & II, III,, MIMAROPA, and NCR||PNU Manila||[email protected]||April 23-25, 2019|
Check-in; Day 0 April 22, 2019 at 2pm and first meal is dinner
Check-out: Day 3 April 25, 2019 at 12 nn and the least meal is PM snacks
|CALABARZON & Region 5||Bicol University||[email protected]|
|Region 6||West Visayas State University||[email protected]|
[email protected] edu. ph
|Regions 7 & 8||Cebu Normal University||[email protected]|
|Region 9 & 10||Western -Mindanao State University||[email protected]|
|Region 11, 12, 13, and ARMM||PNU Mindanao||[email protected]|
Note: Participants are requested to contact the host university regarding the final schedule and venue of the training.
Expenses for the Board and lodging of the participants shall be charged against 2018 HRD Fund downloaded to PNU while transportation expenses shall be charged to local funds subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules of the government.
For more information, all concerned may contact the Teacher Education Council (TEC) Office at telephone no. (02) 638-6170; (02) 638-6172 or the College of Flexible Learning and ePNU of the Philippine Normal University at telephone no. (02) 317-1768 loc. 776.
Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is earnestly desired.
The Teacher Training Program for RA 10612 DOST Scholar Aims for Them To:
- show understanding of the pedagogy and technology for teaching and assessment appropriate for the 21st Century learners;
- design a lesson in the discipline that shows the use of the 21st-century pedagogy, assessment, and technology;
- demonstrate effective use of the teaching and assessment approaches and technology for the 21st-century learners; and
- evaluate the effectiveness of the different approaches and technologies in teaching and assessment in improving students’ learning
- Understanding the 21st Century Learners
- Pedagogy of the 21st Century (ICT-based, Project-based and Problem-based Learning in the K to 12 Curriculum)
- Assessment Approaches in the 21st Century
- Role of Technology in the 21st Century Teaching, Learning, and Assessment
- Designing Instructional Plans for 21st Century Learners
- Parallel Demonstrations of a Lesson for 21st Century Secondary School Learner
- ePortfolio Exhibit
Schedule of Training Program for Newly-hired Teachers (DOST Scholars under RA 10612)