May 02, 2019
DepEd Memorandum No. 52, s. 2019
Table of Contents
ESTABLISHMENT OF THE 2019 DEPED ELECTION TASK FORCE AND ITS OPERATION AND MONITORING CENTER IN THE CENTRAL, REGIONAL AND SCHOOLS/CITY DIVISION OFFICES IN CONNECTION WITH THE MAY 13, 2019 NATIONAL AND LOCAL ELECTIONS
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
All Others Concerned
1. Pursuant to Article IX-C, Section 2 (4) of the 1987 Philippine Constitution, the Commission on Elections (COMELEC) has the power to deputize law enforcement agencies and instrumentalities of the government for the exclusive purpose of ensuring free, orderly, honest, peaceful and credible elections.
2. The Department of Education (DepEd) is one of the national agencies deputized by COMELEC to ensure free, orderly, honest, peaceful and credible elections, through the appointment of public school teachers to serve as chairpersons and members of the Electoral Board, as well as Technical Support Personnel.
3. By virtue of the aforementioned authority granted by COMELEC to DepEd to ensure compliance with and enforcement of all orders and instructions relative to the election duties of the latter’s personnel to ensure free, orderly, honest, peaceful and credible elections, the 2019 DepEd Election Task Force (ETF) Operation and Monitoring Center for the May 13, 2019 National and Local Elections shall be established at the Bulwagan ng Karunungan, DepEd Central Office, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City, starting at 1:00 p.m. of May 12, 2019 and ends on 5:00 p.m. of May 14, 2019.
4. Likewise, all regional and schools division offices of the Department are authorized to create their respective ETF Operations and Monitoring Centers on the same schedules mentioned above.
5. All regional directors and schools division superintendents are enjoined to submit a list of five officials/employees who will compose its ETF, with their respective designation, position, salary grade, DepEd email address, and contact information (Globe/Smart).
6. The five designated members of the regional and division ETF are directed to register on http://bit.ly/DepEd_ETF2019_Confirmation for monitoring and reporting purposes.
7. The ETF will ensure that teachers shall be provided with adequate information, technical and legal assistance in the course of the performance of their duties as members of the Electoral Board, as well as DepEd non-teaching personnel who will serve during the May 13, 2019 National and Local Elections.
8. The Operation and Monitoring Center shall also serve as DepEd’s institutional link to volunteer organizations, individuals, as well as partner agencies involved in the conduct of the May 13, 2019 National and Local Elections.
9. All DepEd officials and personnel, being in the civil service, are reminded not to intervene directly or indirectly in any election campaign or engage in any partisan political activity, except to vote.
10. The grant of honoraria to officials and personnel who will render services to their respective ETFs shall be subject to existing Commission on Audit rules and regulations and relative to the Department of Budget and Management issuance on the matter. Payments of overtime pay or grant of compensatory time-off to qualified personnel in the central, regional, and division offices who will compose the DepEd ETF are authorized, subject to the availability of funds and existing auditing rules and requlations, as well as pertinent Civil Service laws.
11. For more information, please contact the Office of the Undersecretary for Administration, Department of Education (DepEd) Central Office, 5th floor Mabini Building, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telephone nos. (02) 637-6207 and (02) 633-7203 and or email at email@example.com.
12. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
Download DepEd Memorandum No. 52, s. 2019
UPDATES / CHANGES IN THE CLUSTERED CONFERENCES ON VALUES FORMATION, VOTER’S EDUCATION AND AUTOMATED ELECTION SYSTEM
In reference to OUA Memo 01-049-0164 dated 23 April 2019, the Office of the Undersecretary for Administration, as the lead office of the DepEd Election Taskforce, hereby announces the following important updates/changes on the dates and venues for the clustered conferences on values formation, voter’s education and automated election system:
|Cluster 1 (VI, VII, VIII, IX) |
Date: May 1-2, 2019
Venue: Golden Peak Hotel and Suites, Gorodo Ave. cor. Escario Kamputhaw, Lahug, Cebu City
|Cluster 2 (I, II, III, and CAR) |
Date: May 5-6, 2019
Venue: Teacher’s Camp, Baguio City
|Cluster 3 (NCR, IV-A, IV-B, V &|
Central Office ETF)
Date: May 7-8, 2019
Venue: Tagaytay City (venue TBA)
|Cluster 2 (X, XI, XII, CARAGA) |
Date: May 8-9, 2019
Venue: Family Country Hotel & Convention Centre, Mateo Road Lagao, General Santos City
Attached herewith is the conference program, which will be observed in all four (4) clusters. Although the activity proper is scheduled on May 2 (Cebu), May 6 (Baguio), May 8 (Tagaytay) and May 9 (General Santos City), 2019, please take note that there will already be important activities immediately after the registration of participants on day 0 (May 1, 5, 7 and 8, 2019), thus, everyone is enjoined to be in the venue a day before the activity proper.
The Regional and Division offices are also reminded to submit the list of the five (5) designated members of their respective Election Taskforces, with preference for the inclusion of Information Technology Officers (ITOs), Information/Media Officer and Legal/Paralegal officer as members thereof. ITOs who have been designated as Consolidating and Canvassing System (CCS) Operators by COMELEC should no longer be made members of the ETFs.
The Office of the Regional Director and Office of the Schools Division Superintendent should register the 5 ETF members via the following link:
It is important that all Public Schools District Supervisors (PSDS) must participate in the cluster conferences, as they will play a vital role in the orientation and cascading of the Election Monitoring Application Software to the public school teachers appointed as members of the Electoral Boards. SDS/ASDS are enjoined top advise all their PSDS to register via the following link:
Questions and/or clarifications maybe directed via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone (02) 633-7203.
Please be guided accordingly.
ALAIN DEL B. PASCUA
DepEd Election Task Force (ETF) Orientations
DAY 0 (Arrival and Preparatory Sessions)
May 1 (Cebu), May 5 (Baguio), May 7 (Tagaytay), May 8 (General Santos)
|4:00 – 6:00pm||Presentation and Roll-out of Facebook Workplace; Creation of WP ETF Groups|
|7:00 -9:00pm||Presentation and Roll-out of DepEd Election Monitoring Apps|
DAY 1. (Orientation Proper and Departure)
May 2 (Cebu), May 6 (Baguio), May 8 (Tagaytay), May 9 (General Santos)
|6:30 – 7:30am||Breakfast|
|7:30 -8:30am||DepEd Core Values|
Leonardo Manalo, Youth Formation Division (YFD-BLSS)
|8:30-11:00am||Voters Education, Voting Supervision and Poll Center Management, and Automated Election System (AES) COMELEC Representative|
|11:00-12:00nn||Election Task Forces (ETFs) and Operations and Monitoring Center (OMCs) vis-a-vis Facebook Workplace and DepEd Election Monitoring Apps|
Atty. Marcelo Bragado and, OUA
|12:00- 1:00pm||Lunch, Check-out|
|1:00 – 3:00pm||Dialogue and Interaction with Execom Officials|
Usec Alain Pascua, Usec Revsee Escobedo, Asec Badong Malana III
|3:00 – 3:30pm||Closing|