May 18, 2016
DepEd Memorandum No. 32, s. 2016
27th NATIONAL STATISTICS MONTH AND 13th NATIONAL CONVENTION ON STATISTICS
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
1. In compliance with Presidential Proclamation No. 647 entitled Declaring the Month of October of Every Year as the National Statistics Month, the Department of Education (DepEd) will join all agencies of the government, local government units, academic institutions, state universities and colleges, and the private sector at the national and subnational levels in celebrating the 27th National Statistics Month (NSM) and the 13th National Convention on Statistics this October with the theme Sustainable Development: Making Statistics Count. This theme may be translated into other major Philippine dialects or may be crafted into regional subtheme depending on the focus and direction of the statistical activities.
2. The Celebration aims to:
a. promote, enhance, and instill nationwide awareness and appreciation of the importance and value of statistics to the different sectors of society;
b. elicit the cooperation and support of the general public in upgrading the quality and standards of statistics in the country.
3. NSM activities which may be undertaken include symposia, workshops, orientation seminars, exhibits, slide shows, and publication of statistical reports, indicators, and other relevant information with particular emphasis on the theme of the region’s selected sub-theme. The NSM streamer/tarpaulin format is provided in Enclosure No. 1.
4. In this connection, regional NSM activities shall be coordinated by the Regional Statistics Committee (RSCs) being designated as the coordinating bodies for all NSM activities. The Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) Regional Statistics Service Officers shall provide technical and administrative support to their respective RSCs.
5. In order to synchronize all efforts for the celebration, DepEd Central Office and National Capital Region may submit its detailed list of their proposed NSM activities following the enclosed prescribed format provided in Enclosure No. 2 through the NSM Secretariat on or before August 26, 2016 at:
The Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA)
17th Floor, Eton Cyberpod Centris 3 EDSA comer Quezon Avenue Diliman, Quezon City 1101
6. DepEd regions’ proposed NSM activities should be forwarded to their respective RSCs, through the PSA Regional Statistics Service Offices on or before August 22, 2016.
Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
[scribd id=313100161 key=key-G6GTykX0wvKR8Vrf2EVj mode=scroll]