May 18, 2016
DepEd Memorandum No. 83 s. 2016
GOVERNMENT SERVICE INSURANCE SYSTEM SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM COVERING ACADEMIC YEAR 2016-2017
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
1. The Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) is now accepting applications for the enhanced GSIS Scholarship Program (GSP) Covering Academic Year (AY) 2016-2017 from April 27 to June 10, 2016.
2. The Program encourages the lowest-income active and regular GSIS members to apply, particularly those with Salary Grade 24 and below, or its equivalent job level. In addition, childless married members, single members, and permanent total disability (PTD) pensioners below 60 years old, will be eligible. For PTD pensioners, their last compensation shall serve as basis in the selection process.
3. For AY 2016-2017, the following innovations in the GSP are adopted:
a. increased the number of scholarship slots from 200 to 400;
b. increased the number of slots alloted to qualified dependents of persons with disabilities, indigenous peoples and solo parents (as defined under the Solo Parent’s Welfare Act of 2000) from 20 to 40; and
c. opened the GSP not only to incoming college freshmen students but to all college year levels accepted in or taking up any four or five year course or priority courses identified by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED), in a higher education institution that has its own charter or a school qualified by the CHED as Levels III and IV, autonomous, or with a deregulated status.
4. The GSP scholars shall be entitled to the actual cost of tuition and miscellaneous fees not exceeding P 40,000.00 per AY and an increased monthly stipend of P 3,000.00 for the duration of the course.
5. The application forms may be obtained either from any GSIS branch or from www.gsis.gov.ph.
6. For more information, all concerned may contact the Corporate Social Advocacies and Public Relations Facilities Department, Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) Main Office, Financial Center, Reclamation Area, Pasay City at telephone nos. (02) 976-4970, and (02) 479-3600 local 3414.
7. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
[scribd id=313100130 key=key-M7QI0Hyjb2vDYGi2xkFM mode=scroll]
- DM 82, s. 2016 – 27th National Statistics Month and 13th National Convention on Statistics
- DM 81, s. 2016 – 2016 National Literacy Awards (NLA)
- DM 80, s. 2016 – 2016 Principals’ Test